toblix

Half-Life 3

I honestly don't know if there's anything I like more about the video game internet than everyone always trying to find or pretending to find hints of Half-Life 3's existence.

I wonder if GTA5's billion dollars plus will give them a moment's pause about "all multiplayer only" philosophy, though i guess money isn't their primary concern.

Only an hour to go until Half-Life 3. Here is a favourite HL3-related image of mine while we wait.

d03.jpg

10 Minutes until the wait for HL3 is over and the wait for HL4 begins!

Oh my god, guys....

Half Life 3 is the Steam controller.

Valve has transcended the medium of video games and is working on an entirely new conceptual level..

God I hope Valve has the sense to make a cheesy early-2000s* graphics cards style packaging for the controller using Half-Life assets. (By assets I of course mean Alyx.)

* For all I know, this might still be going on.

It's very much still going on.

Because after all the time you put in to comparing benchmark tests, manufacturer derivatives, researching power consumption, connective cable and socket types, sometimes it comes down to which box has the most convincingly bad interpretation of that classic fine artist's theme, Still Life of CGI Woman with A Firearm.

"Would you like a brown paper bag to carry that home in, sir?"

It's very much still going on.

Because after all the time you put in to comparing benchmark tests, manufacturer derivatives, researching power consumption, connective cable and socket types, sometimes it comes down to which box has the most convincingly bad interpretation of that classic fine artist's theme, Still Life of CGI Woman with A Firearm.

"Would you like a brown paper bag to carry that home in, sir?"

Even better when it's printed on the card too, so you can just sigh dejectedly whenever you open your pc up.

I actually just pulled a box of computer junk out of my closet yesterday (to find a gamepad to use for the new Steam badge) and found this fine specimen:

post-8337-0-58055700-1380594210_thumb.jpg

If we want to pretend this thread hasn't been derailed, we can say this is the Alyx Vance redesign for Half-Life 3.

Actual Half Life 3 related news, in that Valve has filed for a Trademark:

ZSVoOav.png?1

Definitely, except that I think the author mistakes interest in excellent atmosphere and game design for interest in story. Well, speaking personally, anyway.

http://www.dorkly.com/article/54448/a-message-from-gabe-newell

This is pretty funny, and I think I agree with it for the most part?

It's all right, but that doesn't accurately describe all of us lame, whiny Half-Life fans.  I am genuinely skeptical of Valve's commitment to creating a viable piece of hardware (or even a viable hardware standard) considering how slapdash Steam and most of its features are.  I think they'll get bored with SteamOS and leave it to get forked.

Right now Valve has zero forthcoming games.  I hope they make another game!