toblix

Half-Life 3

tumblr_mocd353Kbl1suwczbo1_500.jpg

Love the idea of waiting years for this to come out and seeing a Games for Windows logo and thinking "no, fuck that" and walking out of the store empty handed.

Okay, new plan: Nobody posts in this thread until Half-Life 3 is 100% certifiably confirmed by Valve. No speculation, no German leaks, no nothing. The next post in this thread will contain a screenshot, or at least a logo. If you agree/disagree, don't post!

JoUHXWW.jpg

side note: my theory is that every time Gabe sees a fat joke about him on the internet he pushes HL3 back another day out of spite.

Now with steam box being a thing coming out next year. Will HL3 be a launch title? (Doubtful) L4D3 definitely will be though

I'm betting on some sort of a super 3-pack with Half-Life 2: Episode 3, Half-Life 3, Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Team Fortress 3 and Dota 3. I hope they are not planning to include Alien Swarm 3 as well because that would mean that they'd have to release Alien Swarm 2 first.

They could just skip Alien Swarm 2.

Also that reminds me how disappointed I am that they didn't continue to support Alien Swarm. I enjoy some top-down multiplayer shootin', but there's not much actual content to that game.

I just read a comment saying HL2 HD CONFIRMED . I wouldn't be surprised if this happens especially if they are planning on continuing HL2's story in 3

Well, we know for a fact they're working on a Source 2 (a real Source 2), so it stands to reason they'll do Half-Life: Source 2 and Half-Life 2: Source 2 and Ricochet: Source 2.

Yes. And if they keep to tradition, Half-Life 2: Source 2 will be identical to it's predecessor except the water will have full fluid and wave simulation physics.

I'm personally looking forward to Half-Life 2: Episode 2: Source 2.

Half-Life 2: Source 2 will also open up entirely new avenues for speed-running while simultaneously halting old ones.

id love valve or some other AAA dev to use the GTAV engine, the scale and quality is insane and a real shame only rockstar will use.
imagine Half Life 3 in an open world.
filled with strangers, and content you could miss entirely through its scale and detail.

id love valve or some other AAA dev to use the GTAV engine, the scale and quality is insane and a real shame only rockstar will use.

imagine Half Life 3 in an open world.

filled with strangers, and content you could miss entirely through its scale and detail.

I... I can't tell if you're serious.

srs dscsn: If HL3 was open-world like that, I'd probably be severely disappointed. I'd totally be into a new franchise (or maybe a side story in the Half-Life world) with that structure, but I don't think I want that out of HL3.

As I typed that I thought of STALKER, so maybe it could work pretty well...

Clint Hawking has been perfecting the most incredible sunset you'll ever see.  It'll appear once at the very end, and that year will be the Year of Tears.