toblix

Half-Life 3

Also, are you folks aware of the BreenGrub twitter account? It's written by Marc Laidlaw, the main writer of Half-Life, from the perspective of a post-HL2 Dr Breen, having had his consciousness transferred into a slug-like Shu'ulathoi host body, and changed his position on the Combine. Laidlaw calls it "fan fiction" and says it isn't part of any HL3 ARG or anything like that, it's just him having fun. Half-Life fan fiction from the original author of Half-Life. Hooray!

Anyway it's super interesting. Czech it out:

"Nothing can be without flaw. The superstructure is riddled with cracks. THEY are vulnerable. THEY are compromised. I am "living" proof. Monitoring situation. So far they appear unaware of my communications. How much can I safely say? Forgive me if I do not use certain words. I can use the name Shu'ulathoi because THEY do not recognize that term. The vortigaunts have developed a language which defies THEIR comprehension. This has come to seem like the purpose of most language."

There's been a few instances of a Valve person saying "Half-Life 3" before, I think I heard Wolpaw say it in an interview

Yeah they do mention it pretty frequently in non-other-game-specific interviews.

Although I prefer when they refer to it as Ricochet 2, because that gives me a minor tweak of reactive hope every time that Valve's secret best game is getting a sequel.

I know a developer who teaches a class on developin' to teenage kids for money. He makes them recreate Ricochet in UDK.

AWESOME.

OH SHIT

or they released the korean localization

That's more likely.

Edit: ok, yeah it was just a buggered up Korean localization. Damn, I actually believed it this time. :(

This is actually becoming almost as entertaining as watching the boom/bust cycle of hope associated with Star Wars fans. I'm beginning to hope Valve just tease us forever and only release it once these few generations who care are mostly dead.

From future-wikipedia: Half Life 3: A video game that some people once cared about a lot. Released in the year 21XX, it's notable for its game design being about 100 years out of date.

I just hope Half-Life 3 includes Gabe Newell writing himself into the fiction as a knife-wielding adventurer.

DON'T see what a picture about a DinoPC ad is contributing to this, Toblix.

Then you're part of the problem. Weaponize yourself with a monster DinoPC rig now!

reverse countdown...

Wait, isn't a reverse countdown just a count forward? Didn't see the link, so I may just be missing a joke here.

So hey, there's Korean and some sort of code in Surgeon Simulator:

EnPGuEu.jpg

/keeping the dream alive.

Alright, I'm sold. I'm going to assume this is a HL3 ARG. I believe!

The Korean on that note says "the time is", and some of the markings might have something to do with the sun and planets and whatnot. No matter what this is, puzzles like this are always fun to see unfold.

Count the underscores on the picture. 'G O R D O N'.

Count the dots on the picture. 'H A L F L I F E 3'.

Confirmed. :tup:

It links in to some Korean text that was on the Steam twitter that said referenced the unforeseen consequences speech in HL2:E2. I think it is going to be the Summer sale so let's not lose our shit.