toblix

Half-Life 3

Crazy that Valve went with the UE3 engine, even they didn't want to bother with that UE4 subscription. hehehe.

Crazy idea: What if Half Life 3 started out like Half Life 2, but then changed what it was you were doing as the game went on, and in the end you were chasing after a time machine the combine had created, getting too it just in time to start out like Half Life 2, but then changed what it was you were doing as the game went on...

Crazy idea: What if Half Life 3 started out like Half Life 2, but then changed what it was you were doing as the game went on, and in the end you were chasing after a time machine the combine had created, getting too it just in time to start out like Half Life 2, but then changed what it was you were doing as the game went on...

Eh?

So Gordon loses and they reset him to city 17 to set him on a Groundhog Day prison or he wins and goes back to change events and the second play through you have a Sophie's Choice(s) list of options to indulge in whatever way you want?

So Gordon loses and they reset him to city 17 to set him on a Groundhog Day prison or he wins and goes back to change events and the second play through you have a Sophie's Choice(s) list of options to indulge in whatever way you want?

Would be a good idea for a game in general. Been sort of done with Bioshock Infinite and The Stanley Parable, but actually making a game mechanic out of it might be pretty interesting.

Mostly thought of it because, somehow, it looks like Half Life 2 is being redone in Source 2 and Thrik got his hands on it  :blink: Probably a fan project in one way or another. Looks great though.

How? HOOOOOOOOOOOOOW? TELLLLL MEEE!!!

Bah, Thrik ;)

Pony, it's student who's made bits of City 17 in UnrealEd. I think he's intending to move it all into UEngine 4 now though.

What is Project Titan? 

http://kotaku.com/whats-up-with-blizzards-project-titan-1570298007

I say Blizzard are making Half-Life 3. The fallout of the whole DOTA 2 kerfuffle will continue!

Project Titan is/was Blizzard's next MMO project, which has been rebooted at least once, probably twice - once because Blizzard, and once because the market shifted very quickly in the MMOs, with Dark Souls, Minecraft, GW2, DayZ and EQNext pushing the standard of what an MMO is out of Blizzard's comfort zone.

I think Superannuation is probably on the money here - Blizzard appears to have been broken by the enormous efforts to make Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, and MMOs don't have to be big MMORPG behemoths any more to be compelling.

Project Titan is/was Blizzard's next MMO project, which has been rebooted at least once, probably twice - once because Blizzard, and once because the market shifted very quickly in the MMOs, with Dark Souls, Minecraft, GW2, DayZ and EQNext pushing the standard of what an MMO is out of Blizzard's comfort zone.

I think Superannuation is probably on the money here - Blizzard appears to have been broken by the enormous efforts to make Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, and MMOs don't have to be big MMORPG behemoths any more to be compelling.

I'd love to someday see what Project Titan was as it went along. Like an hour long GDC talk about the entire project is something I'd probably be absolutely riveted too.

But the most interesting thing that I can see is Day Z. It kind of expanded on the already existing idea of large/persistent multiplayer rpg servers set up for NWN and Freelancer. And now Star Citizen and Destiny have taken that next step of even more seamlessly integrating that stuff so players don't have to bother. No shards/huge server infrastructure/etc. Just on demand smaller scale stuff that also keeps worst case scenarios really manageable, like 100 players max for SC and probably 16 for Destiny.

You also don't have to design you entire game like it was built for weird ultra wide hippos, which makes all MMOs have uber wide lanes for travel and all kind of look the same.

In addition to not releasing Half-Life games, not releasing any other games, and not giving Diretide, Valve is also now not releasing Steam Machines or Steam Controllers.  At least not this year.

Remember that Dorkly "Message from Gabe Newell" in which their fictional Gabe excoriates Half-Life fans?  We're an innovative company and you whiners just want a rehashed sequel!

At this point I just want anything at all.  I wouldn't be surprised if they get bored and abandon Dota midway through the International.

I think pushing back the release of Steam Machines because the tech isn't flawless makes a lot of sense. Valve gets one chance to get this right.

Even though I know... I fall for it every time. "Maybe this one is a legitimate post!"