toblix

Half-Life 3

A lot of the industry scuttlebutt seems to be that Valve have basically given up on single-player narrative-driven games in favour of games that can serve as platforms for players to entertain each other and create content for.

Weird how everyone else is live actors but her father is some sort of weird warped CG person.

Furthermore did you read about "Rocochet 2" was scraped and restarted from scratch 3 times, and that now its an open world game.

An open world Half Life game, on a next generation Source2... made with Clint hocking and Dough Church amongst others.

*drools*

Weird how everyone else is live actors but her father is some sort of weird warped CG person.

Yeah they took the photo of the face model out of the Raising the Bar book and just warped bits of it.

Fun fact: Eli's face is that of a homeless dude.

New update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is out.

bg7.jpg

I won't say what we're all thinking, but I will point out that '3' and 'CONFIRMED' appear in that picture.

It'll be out in the year 3000, March 82nd. (We will have converted to metric months by then, thus the hundred day/month calendar)

Half Life Demo is Here!

In order to play, you're going to need at least a P133Mhz with DirectX 6 and 24 MB of RAM. Keep in mind also that this file is HUGE (50MB compressed!)

Sweet! While i'm at it, i'll also peruse FTP.CDROM.COM for some sweet QUAKE mods.

Steam just deleted all my non-Steam games—all the LucasArts adventures, etc.  I vow to never play another Valve game forever!!!

Every time this thread bubbles up to the ''New content'' list I get my hopes up. Again. 

Sadly I think some of us derive a small amount of glee from knowing that as we bump it.

Sadly I think some of us derive a small amount of glee from knowing that as we bump it.

You son of a bitch.

I keep popping in to see if Rodi has posted yet. Perhaps he is purposefully ignoring the thread. Perhaps he will miss Teh R3al Half-Life 3 news when it breaks here first!

Haha. Yeah, people will be desperately ICQing him all 'Seriously man, actual leaked shots and everything!!' and he'll refuse to look until it's posted on the newsgroups — which will never happen because Valve will be banning the WON IDs of anyone with the guts to post the screenshots.

I'm not stepping into this triple cocklebladder. You're psyching the psyche-out. Steeeeeeeeve Perry.

Okay, new plan: Nobody posts in this thread until Half-Life 3 is 100% certifiably confirmed by Valve. No speculation, no German leaks, no nothing. The next post in this thread will contain a screenshot, or at least a logo. If you agree/disagree, don't post!

OK, here's a part three that's could actually exist during this decade. Remember those sweet Half-Life 2 fan movies that were made some time back? Here they are:

It turns out that part three was fully filmed, but the creators didn't have the time to do the masses of ambitious CGI they'd need so it's just been sat on the cutting room floor. But they've decided to put it on IndieGoGo, and it sounds like even if it isn't fully funded it'll still be produced — at a slower pace.

They've done a teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ3wsONvHXY

I think these videos are cool as hell but it's one of those things where I don't know if I care enough to back it and wait for it, heh. But if anyone's interested, you can back it here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/half-life-escape-from-city-17-part-3