Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

There's a lot of good folks here.

Speak for yourself. I ain't good folk.

Speak for yourself. I ain't good folk.

I didn't say everyone, just a lot.

Hey all, I've been listening to the show for about a year. Never really thought about hopping on the forums until, well, right about now. I've had some middling experiences with forums; it's where I got my amazing name at a time before I was quite so self-aware. 

Hi all, i've been listening for a while, still attempting to find the time to work my way through the huge backlog of episodes and the other podcast series hosted here. I decided to create an account to contribute my meagre knowledge about "spandrels" in response to Chris in Episode 178. Turns out I was too late.

Any hesitations I had about joining a forum (particularly one focused on "gaming") were mollified by the discussion thread for episode 173. So thanks for being such a cool community.

I re-joined the forums after the kickstarter, wanting to explore Phaedrus's secret hole, but never got around to actually posting anything. It would appear that I've also yet to genuflect in the traditional newbie thread, so am rectifying that.

Listed to the Thumbs cast pods since the First Great Age and was thrilled that the Kickstarter got them back on the air. It's my favorite podcast, by far, and the Video game-edness is more in line with my interests than the typical gamerpodz tend to be. I keep hearing about what a swell bunch you are, so figured I shouldn't just relegate myself to lurking - time allowing and whatnot.

I've been hanging on the IRC channel, where all the cool people are. Guess I should/could have a forum account as well. 

Hi.

Hey all! I've been listening on and off for a year or so. Just recently started to listen regularly again and I'm working my way through the Thumbs backlog. Thought I would finally check out the forums!

Hello fellow thumbophiles!

I'm studying upholsterycraft (if that's a word) in Finland and the casts blasted in my face, or ears rather, keep me sane during the more mundane activities my chosen trade entails. So thanks for that. I also like video games.

Recently you've been inviting people to the forums more persistently so I guess I caved and here I am. For a similar reason I also finally rated you on iTunes!

You guys are funny and great.

Oh and video games!

Ah! Son of a bitch I am so message board challenged. I don't know how to properly quote something:/

I wanted to say that your job sounds really interesting! I am a furniture nerd and love home decor in general. If you don't mind me asking-what kind of work do you do/who are your clients. Right now I am loving fabric by maharam and, especially, house of hackney. Anyways your job sounds really interesting!

Hi all! I joined these forums because they appear to have an active community of gamers who are willing to engage in meaningful discussions about video games. I am eager to participate and I hope I can positively contribute to the great discussions on this site, as well as start some myself once I get enough posts in.

Ah! Son of a bitch I am so message board challenged. I don't know how to properly quote something:/

I wanted to say that your job sounds really interesting! I am a furniture nerd and love home decor in general. If you don't mind me asking-what kind of work do you do/who are your clients. Right now I am loving fabric by maharam and, especially, house of hackney. Anyways your job sounds really interesting!

The quote feature in this forum software can be a little hard to work with.

Hi! I'm Azreal. I heard about this wonderful site from other podcasts, so I though I'd give it a go! It truly is wonderful and I was surprised to see a new podcast about Twin Peaks. I just finished watching the series and I have a lot to say about it. 

I've been gaming from Atari and Nintendo in the 80's and never stopped. I love survival horror and Resident Evil Remake on Gamecube is my favorite game.  I also love the Silent Hill series, thus my avatar image.

Hi! I'm Azreal. I heard about this wonderful site from other podcasts, so I though I'd give it a go! It truly is wonderful and I was surprised to see a new podcast about Twin Peaks. I just finished watching the series and I have a lot to say about it. 

I've been gaming from Atari and Nintendo in the 80's and never stopped. I love survival horror and Resident Evil Remake on Gamecube is my favorite game.  I also love the Silent Hill series, thus my avatar image.

Hi, welcome! Hope you enjoy the Peaks cast.

Out of curiosity, what podcast sent you here?

I honestly can't recall which ones. I listen to a lot of podcasts and when Idle Thumbs is mentioned mostly good things are always said. 
I listen to The Level, Watchout For Fireballs, Giantbomb, RebelFM, Player One and Joystiq to name a few. I'll give Idle Thumbs a try too.

I honestly can't recall which ones. I listen to a lot of podcasts and when Idle Thumbs is mentioned mostly good things are always said. 
I listen to The Level, Watchout For Fireballs, Giantbomb, RebelFM, Player One and Joystiq to name a few. I'll give Idle Thumbs a try too.

Hi all, long time listener / first time forum'er. Been away from video games for a decade and recently bought a 3DS and PS4 to get back into them.

Love the cast etc..etc...

Hi all, I only just recently discovered Idle Thumbs but the podcast is great and you all seem to be wonderful people. I hope you also find me wonderful so I can belong.

Hope everyone's been well!

Hi Everyone!

I serendipitously stumbled upon Idle Thumbs a little over a year ago. Since then, I have listened to every single Idlethumbs pod that was cast, whilst slowly branching out to Three Moves Ahead and Steve Gaynor's insightful Tone Control (please resume these!).

I could not express the immense joy I felt when Dota Today was launched (2.5k+ hours clocked into that darn game). I also could not express the extreme sadness I felt when Dota Today became an irregular venture :(

In any case, I have fallen in love with all the Idlethumbs guys. More importantly, I've inadvertently and indirectly developed a warm feeling towards the Idlethumbs community. Hearing about how great and friendly they are at live events as well as the thoughtful (and amusing) questions/emails they send has assured me that signing up and becoming a more active member was the right thing to do for my life. (There also seems to be a relatively large population of Australians amongst the community, which is rather delightful!).

I'm currently in the final year of my PhD at the University of Sydney (My thesis pertains to the impact of video game play on social well-being amongst young adults). Unfortunately, I find myself with less and less time to play video games as my deadline approaches, at which point I have become heavily dependent on living vicariously via the shows.

Keep up the great work, Idlethumbs, and a big happy hello to the community :D

Hello! I'm a lifelong gamer turned developer. I learned about Idle Thumbs through Tested and have been regularly listening to the podcast for a few months. I finally decided I should get more involved in the community here.

Hey guys. My name is Damian and steam user is cerb3r0, I play almost anything I can get my hands on either old or new. I listen to the podcast and watch trailers and gameplay of the games readers recommend so those recommendations are always welcome. I am a teacher of English that now works at an office 9 hs a day as an Admin, so I spend my days listening to every Video game podcast available, and Idle Thumbs has a special place in my heart. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and please keep up the awesome work.