Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello there mister new person!

Sadly because of the amount of annoying spam we got, we set it so that new forum members cannot make new threads until they have been members for a short while, or accumulated some posts in other forums.

So post here and say "hi!"

if this thread gets spammed, It will say "goodbye"

no but really, just post a bit and you'll be able to make new threads later.

p.s idle banter posts do not count towards your post-count, also please do not post just 10 random posts or we will use the hammer on you.:pan:

Hey All,

I'm leevil, I'm new to gaming...again. I just turned 36 and got my hands on a wii, it just seemed like a lot of fun. I used to buy all the new systems when they came out. Do any of you here remember ColecoVison or Intellivision? I bought those when they first came out. How about the Commodore 64 or the TSR-80, I had those also. I used to play Pitfall and Pac-Mac on the Atari 2600 for hours and hours and thought life couldn't get any better. After those systems I really got into the Playstation. I loved the Tomb Raider and Resident Evil series. As I got older, and married, I found I had a lot less free time to game. When Playstation 2 came out, I had to have it and I bought it for some ridiculous amount money with some store created bundle with games and controllers. I found I almost never played it, it ended up being a very expensive dvd player for the bedroom. I gave up on gaming for years.

I considered getting the PS3 just for the blu-ray capabilites, but my friend was one of the lucky ones that waited outside a store at 4 in the morning the first day the wii's came out and he was able to get one. After I played for a few hours with him and the kids (everyone is able to bowl) I gave up on the PS3 and went on the hunt for a wii. I'm glad I did, even my wife loves playing wii sports. On another note, I really like the whole mii feature and that's how I came upon this site. I was looking for people that wanted to trade mii's and I did a search on wii number exchange.

I've actually been lurking around here for a while. I haven't really posted much though, which I blame on the forums going down for a while almost immediately after reading an article that really resonated with me, inspiring a response with no place to voice it. Though now that I've actually had some time to play games lately, I might actually post something (possibly even of worth).

Almost forgot.

hi

Yes, what you want to do about that whole 'forum going down' situation is to murder every single Spaff you see. Twice.

Also, your avatar is superb and inspired. :tup:

Hey, don't worry about it. Only absolute nutters create their own avatars.

pft.

I'm the only reason these forums are back ;)

Welcome guys, sorry about the strange restrictions, we had a nightmare with spam.

It' cool that Wii got you back into gaming, but also - don't give up on your ps2, there are some great games to be played on it still, like Shadow of the Collosus, or Gitaroo man etc :) it's only the majority of ps2 games that make you want to hang up your gaming hat, and never wear it again.

I have some awesome photos of my family playing bowling at Christmas, i should post those soon... good action shots.

Only absolute nutters create their own avatars.

Well now I'm a bit hurt. I spent literally minutes finding a couple of images and cramming them together in photoshop. Because I care. :violin:

EDIT (Also a Fun Fact!)

Also, the average post count of people commenting in the "New people" thread is now 1122. Point 5. I think I'll just lurk in this one and watch people introduce themselves for a while until that changes a bit.

Replying to Redwall (see below) without adding to the post count: Yeah, I was aware of that. Hell, getting the file size to fit within the limit is hard enough, even with the dimensions of the avatars. Kidding and whatnot, y'know?

I imagine most of us had to do at least some editing to get our avatars to the appropriate dimensions for forum use, so I'm not sure yours really counts, Miffy.

I think I can help to bring the average down a bit, though not close to the ideal 1 or 2 for new posters.

I am an absolute nutter - I love creating my own avatars, it means that I don't have the same image as everyone else, like Mario getting 1UPs off of Peach, or an angry looking baby with text in Impact font saying something from World of Warcraft.

Wheee!

Hell, as long as this thread is completely derailed, I like to try and mash things together that you wouldn't see unless you made them yourself. Recognizable stuff, but weird enough that it hopefully won't come across as generic. Say, an Elebit armed with the pistol from Gears of War. Doesn't take too much effort, (I figure if I put more than 15 minutes into a tiny picture that's easy to change, I'm spending way too much time worrying about pointless shit) but keeps me happy. Also, there is no compassion in his eyes. No soul. He'll kill you in a second. Look at that little bastard... :shifty:

angry looking baby with text in Impact font saying something from World of Warcraft.!

Ha! I've got an angry looking baby in camo and a helmet yelling something from real life! So there.

But really, it was about the first thing I found when looking for something to replace the Thinker in a Fedoora. I may just go back, becuase the baby is kind of lame. And fedoras rock.

EDIT: No fedora, but Calvin and Hobbes is also teh awesome.

I thought I'd re-rail this thread, by saying "hello there, I'm new". Although I'm perhaps a bit young to feel disenfranchised with games, the only console that's holding my interest at the moment is my DS. It's just a pity we get most of the games about 4 months after Americans do. I'm fleeing a forum that got populated by pitiable foo's (that apostrophe means I'm missing out the L), hoping that they didn't turn me into one. Blah blah blah, it's really hard to introduce yourself on the internet.

Furthermore, I liked the bit in your Guitar Hero review where Iron Man said "I am Iron Man".

I'm not really new, but regular visits here are a recent thing.

I used to post at NaliCity because I'm an Unreal Engine mod maker, and when it finally descended into an incontinent spam fest of inbred clichés I was all prepared to flee. I like it here because it's a literate place.

I thought I'd re-rail this thread, by saying "hello there, I'm new". Although I'm perhaps a bit young to feel disenfranchised with games, the only console that's holding my interest at the moment is my DS. It's just a pity we get most of the games about 4 months after Americans do. I'm fleeing a forum that got populated by pitiable foo's (that apostrophe means I'm missing out the L), hoping that they didn't turn me into one. Blah blah blah, it's really hard to introduce yourself on the internet.

Furthermore, I liked the bit in your Guitar Hero review where Iron Man said "I am Iron Man".

Also very approving of the intro. Welcome aboard. Seems like you'll fit in.

Nachimir, I didn't know you were a modder. What have you worked on?

Recently, Alien Swarm and Thievery UT (<-- I wasn't on the original dev team for TUT, but they offered me a place after seeing a map I made for it. They beat splinter cell to multiplayer stealth by a couple of years, but, y'know, mods don't function on marketing bullet points ;)). There was much dreck and a few semi-decent deathmatch levels before that.

I learned UnrealEd because I wanted to make 3D versions of the houses I used to draw on graph paper as a teenager. "Just one DM, to learn the toolset", I thought, and promptly got hooked on gameplay and art. Seven years and many maps later I still haven't built any houses :)

Still working with Black Cat on a new project (Sequel to Thievery), but development is slow and other, paid jobs/obsessive projects are numerous.

hello everyone.

new to the board, and a bit new to message boards in general. If i get out of line feel free to let me know :P

mostly joined to make some friends and exchange wii numbers with people here, i thought a message board community would be a great way to go about it because when you add someones wii number, you can use their handle on here as their nickname on the wii. Hope to make some good friends and one day play some good multiplayer wii games with you guys!

Hey,

Yes I came looking for wii numbers and I'll be sure to add everybody and hope you'll add me so we all can exchange some mii's.

Bout me... 30 years of age currently in Tenn. soon to be Michigan. Just recently addicted to console gamming and looking forward to getting more games as I go along. For the wii so far I have; Red Steel, Madden, Excite Truck and Tony Hawk. For the xobx which i also just recently purchased I only have T.D. Unlimited and Project 8.

I'll be sure to check out the other threads to see what else I.F. holds.

Cheers

obricko

Just saying hello to everyone on idlethumbs

HEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO

typical i want to post something that is not spam and i would hope would be interesting and discussion worthy and i have to wait till i've vetoed by the higher powers. Oh well at least it keeps the trolls and L33t H@x0rs out.

Sorry the winge is over now