Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

I haven't joined a message board in 8 years, and this might be the one to get me engaged in the internet community again. The podcasters make you all seem pretty nice...

-Skadann

Howdy. I'm relatively new to Thumbs-land: I've been listening since 167ish and have been working my way gradually backward. I don't usually do much forum stuff, but after seeing Danielle repeatedly say nice things on Twitter about the community, I decided to give a shot.

Just staring at this text input field makes me want to order pretzel pops from Nature Box.

EDIT: What skadann said, basically. ^^^

I have no sense of smell so i always have a small fear in the back of my mind that i reek of BO, so yeah quite possibly the smelliest!

Sometimes i'm unsure weather i can get another days wear out of a tshirt/top and have to ask my girlfriend to smell the armpits. She does not enjoy this job. One day i shall pass this job onto my as yet unborn children.

Safest answer is pretty much always don't wear the same thing two days in a row. Just don't do it, man.

Hello! I recently rediscovered gaming again. For the very first time.

I am a long term survivor of I.b.s. Which puts me at odds with video games that have any sort of intensity. A change of pants is always nearby!

I've been listening to 'idle thumbs' for the past 6 months-and love the discussion. I'm a professional artist and I get inspired hearing about others' personal creative processes/struggles etc.

I'm proud to say I was a grade school regional science fair winner with my nes Mario experiment. I was a winner until I lost at state. That sums it up:)

Hey Clyde-I completely fell off after ps1, not sure why. Probably just being super busy in college? I just kind of hit a hard stop.

A few years ago I started listening to 'indoor kids'. They talked skyrim to death and I really wanted to play. I think I shit my pants at the graphics-no more Lara croft cone boobs, and the mature stories etc. Such a huge leap from ps1 to xbox360. A big leap between even the original wii and xbox (wii was used as a large dusty coaster at my boyfriends house:)

Right now, I have a ps4 now which I love...i would like a computer system, but I feel intimidated by all of the choices in hardware/wouldn't know where to start. I have been using macs for maybe 20 years...just feel out of the loop with PCs in general.

Just wanted to say hello.  Recently picked up the podcast and jumped on the forums for some Destiny multiplayer buddies. Hope to contribute more to the vidjya game chatter in the future.

Hey,

I've been listening for nearly 2 years now, but the struggle that is a term paper has finally convinced me to make an account. I primarily enjoy community Multiplayer games such as Dota 2 or TowerFall these days, I also love table top games. I'm DMing a 5th edition D&D game and I'm currently addicted to Love Letter, and Coup. I'm an aspiring programmer and I occasionally post about game related things on twitter, @Trusty_Robot.

I just finished reading Snow Crash for the first time and wondered how I missed what should been a formative childhood novel for so long.

Nice to meet you all.

Heck yes, more tabletop dorks! Join me in pestering the thumbs to talk more about boardgames!

Hi! I'm new-ish, having been listening for the past few months. I started listening to Idle Thumbs because I ran out of Netrunner podcasts and wanted something else, even though I rarely play video games, and now I'm thinking about playing more video games because of this community and podcast! I played a lot of emulated SNES games as a kid and now I mostly play board games and Netrunner, but I loved Gone Home and I'm slowly working my way through Dark Souls.

Hi! I've listened to about 10 casts through a friend's recommendation and I love the discussion about games on Idle Thumbs.  Seems like it would be fun to discuss games in a similar way with like minded peeps.  Cheers!

Hello Internet Strangers!

I added IDLE THUMBS to my podcast feed earlier this year and had been enjoying it. This week I dipped into the archive, though, and after discovering how fully those guys (you guys?) share my love for FAR CRY 2, I've been mainlining old episodes all week. Do I really have the time to participate in a forum? No, not really. I should be making comics. That is my "occupation." But I can't find a good FAR CRY 2 message board, and it just feels nice to revel in an accepting community.

The only thing I've been playing lately has been MARIO KART 8 – I went ahead and bought a Wii U after 100% relating to the story in the podcast a few months back about the Wii U and buyer's remorse. So far so good. Other than that all my gaming has been vicarious, thanks to Twitch and Youtube streams. It's like playing games but without the stress, expense, or load times, plus the addition of a fast-forward button!

It's nice to meet you guys.

This will likely be my last post. :)

Hello.

I am also new here. Natch.

Pleased to make your acquaintanceseses.

Been listening to the podcast for the last nine months or so and it's been consistently far more thoughtful, engaging and funny tham any other games related cast. So i am hoping the forum reflects that!

Signed up earlier today and making my first post now at 1AM in the UK because i went for a 10k run earlier and for some reason my left toe feels like it has been SMASHED WITH HAMMERS and is keeping me awake.

So hello!

Here's a question. I used this avatar in 2006 and it has been chasing me around the Web ever since. How does that work? I am longer so young, nor so monochrome.

Welcome, additional new folks!

Falafel, there are a few different services that are used to associate your avatar with a given email address and allow you to share avatars across various services. I believe our forum software uses one called Gravatar.

Hey y'all,

I am a long time gamer, and I just discovered the Idle Thumbs podcast. Far and away my favorite video game podcast. I have been looking for an awesome online community to get involved in, and I constantly hear that these forums are superb. I look forward to talking video games with you guys and getting to know all of you!

Toodles90

You can add me on PSN or Xbox Live, if you would like. My screenname is my name on both sysytems.

I've heard really positive things about the Idle Thumbs community forums from other places, and figured I'd be welcome here.

I used to play games more often than I do now, because of free time, and my tastes changing. Nowadays, I play more cooperative multiplayer, single-player adventure games, and especially games that can be played 30 minutes at a time. I just don't end up having time to play through 70 hours of gameplay anymore, so some great games have been on my "to play" list for years, including the Mass Effect series, KOTOR, and others like them.

Hello fellow thumbophiles!

I'm studying upholsterycraft (if that's a word) in Finland and the casts blasted in my face, or ears rather, keep me sane during the more mundane activities my chosen trade entails. So thanks for that. I also like video games.

Recently you've been inviting people to the forums more persistently so I guess I caved and here I am. For a similar reason I also finally rated you on iTunes! 

You guys are funny and great.

Oh and video games!

I have been looking for an awesome online community to get involved in, and I constantly hear that these forums are superb.

I've heard really positive things about the Idle Thumbs community forums from other places, and figured I'd be welcome here.

It's nice to know that we've got a great reputation!  There's a lot of good folks here. 

And welcome to all the new peeps!