Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello! I've been lurking in the IRC channel for a couple months now, but I haven't really posted on the forums yet.

I learned about Idle Thumbs through Tone Control last spring, but I didn't start listening to the IT podcast until September. So far this is one of the best communities on the internet that I know of. Danielle's Twitch streams are also fantastic.  :)

Ugh why haven't I perused the forums when I've been listening so long.

I'm Rob Lach. I makes games (just released this on Steam). I also do game dev community building in Chicago.

Hey.

Ugh why haven't I perused the forums when I've been listening so long.

I'm Rob Lach. I makes games (just released this on Steam). I also do game dev community building in Chicago.

Hey.

I love the song in your trailer. 

I made this account years ago when I first started listening to the casts, but never really felt compelled to post. After posting on much larger gaming forums for the past few years, I've been wanting to find a place to converse with a bit more of a community feel, and this seems like a nice forum to do so in. :)

Anyways, I'm Nick. Work as a in-house videographer for a University and am an aspiring filmmaker. (Although I've also started to develop an interest in exploring making games.) I'm a huge life-long gamer since starting with an N64 at the age of 6. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and play nearly everything they put out, but also play a lot of everything. PC is my primary platform right now, but I also play PS4 and both Nintendo Platforms regularly.

Some of my favorite games are: Zelda: Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Smash Bros Melee, The Witcher 2, The Last of Us, MGS3, Portal, and the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Lately I've been playing Alien Isolation, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Captain Toad, and Bayonetta 2.

Nice to meet you all! I'll get my gaming information up in my profile, so anyone who wants to add me can!

Hello fellas.  I'm Alan from Scotland.  Been listening for some time and figured, what the hell its Xmas lets sign up!  Primarily a PC gamer though I have all the consoles except an X1.  I do love that Vita lots.  My fav movie is Lost Highway and my fav music is generally located in a sphere around Mike Patton though I listen to absolutely everything.

Currently getting big into Dota (around 100 matches so still early and noob).  I listened to all the Dota Today podcasts pretty much before I started playing writing notes of what characters sounded interesting along with things like "a bottle? wtf is that?".  Now I'm going back through them again and it actually makes sense this time!  Working through the hero challenge (44 in) because I figured it would help my awareness of what each lord can do.   I have a list of all the lords Ive played rating them out of 5 for how much I enjoyed them :lol:  Probably would have done my game better to focus on a few characters but I'll get there!  Dazzle is my main man, also dig IO, Lich and Invoker. 

Other than Dota I love me some Street Fighter, Eve Online (though I havent played much lately), Elite Dangerous and I'll pretty much give anything a shot really.  My "bestest games ever" would be System Shock 2, Fallout 2, Doom, Street Fighter 4(vanilla) and The Last Of Us.  In no real order.  

Hello, my name is Max and I made this account primarily so I could talk about thecatamites' strange creations in a wonderful thread about his short games.

Also I do not see any rules anywhere that forbid or discourage animated avatars, please advise if this is unsavory.

Hello! I've been lurking in the IRC channel for a couple months now, but I haven't really posted on the forums yet.

I learned about Idle Thumbs through Tone Control last spring, but I didn't start listening to the IT podcast until September. So far this is one of the best communities on the internet that I know of. Danielle's Twitch streams are also fantastic.  :)

Agreed to all of that. Glad you're contibuting now.  :P

Hello, hello! I'm Mark, and I live on the east coast of the US. I used to play a lot of actiony type games and shooters, but I've gradually turned into an old man who prefers slow paced games that I can play while listening to podcasts. Huge fan of the forums and glad to be here! Thanks for being such welcoming and cool community!

Hey all,

I am also an occasional lurker/converser on the IRC channel and am trying to get back into the forum game! I'm a gamedev/programmer who has been learning the craft by just making stuff for a little over two years now. You can see my stuff at my website here: http://collapsingspace.com/ (though I am currently working on a total re-design to add professional things like a landing page, coming very soon!)

I'm a big fan of the tone and voice of the folks on the main cast and so figured I'd probably fit in more here than with other, bigger games forums. Lookin forward to gettin to know all you fine folks in 2015!!

Hey, fellow Idle Thumbs readers!

I've been listening for a little under a year and also listened to some of the back catalog.  I've drifted in and out of different forums for a long time.  To give you an idea: I left the Megatokyo forums because I thought it had gotten too big, and moved to Gaia, where I still have a user number that's under 3000.  Around five years ago, I gave up most online interaction, even Facebook, because people are just so antagonistic so much of the time. I've heard good things about this community, so I thought I'd join.

I recognize that this tells you next to nothing about me personally, but I've done this post enough times that I know it doesn't get read too much, and that people will get to know me well enough if I'm active in the community, or if they google.

I'm going to put a link to my deviantART page, even though it goes against every instinct in my introverted temperament. But some people in my life (whom I trust not to auto-love everything I do) have told me (with increasing volume and annoyance) that I shouldn't be so shy about sharing, so here it is.  cyberpumpkin.deviantart.com

Welp, that's about it.  See you around!

Hi

my name is matthew boucher and I am a an aspiring game developer who has been listening to the podcast for some time now adn thought it a wonderfull idea to come and #jointheconverstion *vomits forever*

so hey here is a few things that i consider true 

-spelunky is the best video game ever made

-bluegrass music is rad

-boyhood is my favourite movie of all time

ALSO

I'M RUNNING A TRANS POSITIVE GAME JAM IN HONOR OF LEELAH ALCORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOUR INTERESTED FEEL FREE TO GET INVOLVED :)

https://itch.io/jam/jamforleelah

ALSO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @ASCIIBEAR 

THANKS!!!

Greetings Idle Thumbians, all the way from New Zealand!

New here, looking for a new forum that is full of interesting discussion and people B)

I hope this year marks a great year for all of us!

Hi all! I've been a listener to the Idle Thumbs podcast for a couple of months and I finally got around to making a forum account here. I'm very much a lurker though, so I'll probably be pretty quiet.

Well hullo there!

Been listening to the podcast for a few months now and been lurking on the forums sans account for a few less months than that. Haven't really done a forum thing so I figured I'd give it a shot here. Looking forward to having quality discussions on games and games culture with all of you dashing and intelligent people!

Hi! I've been listening to the podcast for quiet some time now, as well as sneaking around quietly in the forums. So I thought I'd better sign up already :)

I'm a young student from Sweden who (of course) love games, music and a special type of traditional Swedish fridge cake called "chokladbollar" (or "chocolate balls", I guess). As I'm not a native speaker I apologise in advance for all the uncomfortable grammatical mistakes I'll undoubtedly be making.

Cheers :)