Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hey everyone,

I heard this forum was filled with beautiful and warm embracing souls so I thought I'd come average things out. I primarily post on the Day One Patch forums but as an old timey listener of Idle Thumbs i figured I'd give these boards a shot.

I'm a PC fanatic, and look forward to the day we will never leave VR.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SANBORN/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BSanbizzle

Hello. Jov. I rely on IdleThumbs to do dishes. It's a lot more bearable when I've got the banter plugged into my ears.

Hoping to find and participate in some good gaming discussion here.

Hi and hello, fellow readers! Been listening to the guys casting pods since the kickstarter ended and thought that maybe i should try and get involved a bit more in the community. I'm pretty much the only person in my circle of friends who enjoys the type of gaming discussions featured on Idle Thumbs and it'll be fun to be able to interact with more people like me!

Greetings, fellow earthlings!  This is a quick post to say hello.  So...hello!  

I started listening a while back, and now I listen to either Idle Thumbs or This American Life in the background whenever I play anything grind-y.  (I have an unbreakable association in my mind between Ira Glass and Disgaea 2...)

Hello to everyone. 

I've been listening to the Idle Thumbs podcast for a year or so now. In a recent episode one of the hosts mentioned that this forum wasn't your typical toxic internet trashcan, so I thought I'd give it a go. 

I've been a gamer since I cut my teeth on the first Mega Man. As a now decrepit 30 year old I've played many games in between. 

Look forward to the foruming.

Hey folks - been listening to the podcast for 6 months or so. I kept hearing the guys (and more recently Danielle) speak about how great of a forum community they have. As such, I've been meaning to register, and just did so!

Hi folks. I've been listening to the podcast(s) for about a year. I think the insight the show gives into game development is invaluable, and I appreciate the cast's ability to speak maturely on topics related to the gaming community. That's also why I'm here; I've seen these forums referred to as a port in a storm several times, so I'm here to sample the discussion and hopefully stick around.

Hey good people.

I've been listening to the cast for a few years now, and thought I'd finally sign up for the forums since the community here sounds pretty great. I'm Will and I make UI for video games, which is pretty cool.

I guess I should drop some links?

My kind of bad portfolio site: http://willmesilane.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WilliamMesilane

So uh yeah, sup?

Howdy!

I've been listening for ages now. For some reason I only just now got around to signing up for the forums. I love the podcast and I am really impressed by the quality of the community here. Looking forward to getting to know y'all.

Hello all,

I started listening to the cast in February(most current episode was Osama's Dog), and somehow managed to blow through 172 episodes since, and finally caught my first "up to date" episode today. The guys (and now gal, also) are always talking about how great the forums are, and I figured I'd give them a go.

Welcome new folks! And old folks new to the forums!

Hi, I signed up a while ago to comment on something mentioned in a 'cast. Recently I thought it was time started visiting the forums properly.

So hello all.

So I've been signed up a while but didn't really post. I've had an account before that was equally underused but I feel like with recent extremism in gaming communities the Idle Forums would be a cool place to chill. I've had a few questions read on the cast over the last year or so under my male birth name but am coming out as trans so you can guess why I don't feel SUPER comfortable in  places where that shit gets mocked a lot (4chan, reddit, sadly now Something Awful). Anyway I'm out in Vancouver Canada and I've babbled enough. Peace. Also have this weird thing: http://www.amazon.com/Once-Lifetime-Go-Board-Single/dp/B00CQZ8D8I/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1405078119&sr=1-2# It's a Go Board that has been made over 20 years using rare wood that takes 10 years to dry. $100,000

Anyplace where we can discuss the real serious issues, like why skeletons fart the way they do, is OK by me.

Seriouspost, I took a break from the podcast back at like #130 or so and only just now came back. Everything's different. New song, new hosts, random tangents about the Blade UI on the Xbox 360... well, OK, it's not that different. I owe the podcast crew big time for getting me interested in the 3DS again a while back, because Mario 3D Land is a great game and I've enjoyed every minute.

Hey guys.  Been a listener since the post-The Idle Thumbs Podcast break and finished my backlog basically just in time for the kickstarter to come around (which I backed).  I came and browsed the forums a few times but just never got around to signing up until now.

Lizzyinthesky, while I certainly didn't have the same experience on the site I'm sure, I've also rather soured on Something Awful with the way those forums have been changing.  There was always an incredibly shitty contingent to that site, but for a while it seemed like there was an agreement that they could have their corner of the site to go be awful to each other in and the rest of it would get the chance to evolve into relatively reasonable communities.  It feels like the tide has turned and things are going back the other way now.

Welcome, even more new folks and returning old folks!

All fresh newcomers have two days to submit their dissertations on the topic of "Ethics and Journalistic Integrity". You will be graded for intellect and rationality. Brevity strongly discouraged.

Hey everyone!

I've been an avid listener for about 5-6 months now, and found out about the podcast when i was searching for solid video game related casts to fill up my phone with for my commutes (thanks reddit!). I've really enjoyed listening in and look forward to more! 

Aside from that i'm not all too sure what else to say, or if people really read these, but i guess i'll just make a quick shpeel about myself.

I've been working in the video game industry for 3 years now as a level designer for Ubisoft. I'm always looking to find good reads and discussions regarding game design, and whatever other random interests i have! I look forward to checking out the rest of the site and discussions that crop up on here.

I've been working in the video game industry for 3 years now as a level designer for Ubisof.

Welcome! Do you happen to know Aaron Contreras? He's a former coworker of mine who was an Ubisoft level designer before and after I worked with him.

Welcome! Do you happen to know Aaron Contreras? He's a former coworker of mine who was an Ubisoft level designer before and after I worked with him.

Ah no, I actually work at the North Carolina studio ( Red storm Entertainment), but! I've always considered about shifting over to the Montreal studio in the future!

Man, its like every day I feel the truth behind the phrase "Its a small world" since I've been working in the industry.

Thanks for the warm welcome and getting to "meet" you (even if its over pixel-ized text on the forums).

Also, I really appreciate all of the work you guys do with/on the podcast, I really enjoy listening when you guys start breaking down games or sharing perspectives from developer standpoints! 

Looking forward to getting the chance to chat with you guys sometime in the future!

Hello folks, nice to meet you.

Been a listener and furtive forum browser for what must be about two years now. Re-adjusting to small town life after finishing uni has found me craving pleasant, open-minded conversation, so here I am. Cheers!   

Hello hello nice to meet you.

I'd like to thank whoever made Potato Day a valid answer the security question to name one of the podcasts on the site. It made me very happy.