Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hallå där!

Hailing from and residing the modest nation of the Swedes. Currently a first year resident at medical school and struggling to find the time killing off my accumulated backlog. Been listening to the podcasts on and off for almost a year now. Finding them SUPER GOOD because hey, video games!

After all these years and working with Jake and Sean at the other place, I'm a bit late to the party. But um, here I am!

I'm Seg. Professional extrovert, among other things.

Hi friends! aprettycooldude/jmd/djmctool (ugh Sony please I was 18, make it stop)/whatever other handle I use on the internet here! Been listening to Thumbs for a while on a friend's recommendation. It was a good one.

I've been looking for a solid Video Games Community for a while now; most of the ones I've been to in the past are either dead or filled with Terrible Humans, and the Thumbs crew and like-minded folks here on the forum seem to be good people. I dunno maybe y'all are just good people in disguise. Or good lizard people. Who knows!

I exist on the internet on Twitter, Tumblr, and a few other places I guess.

Howdy!

Hi, everyone. I've been listening since the current version of Idle Thumbs since it began but it never occurred to me to join the forums. I guess this is a good a time as any. Goodbye.

Hello, new best friends.

I'm Joe, student of language and literature from Vienna, and I write about video games (which should be one word, but I guess the site automatically changes that). Mostly at the small site I run, but I've also managed the occasional guest appearance at more reputable places. Self-promotion ends here.

I've been listening to the cast for a while now, I think I started around the XCOM Obama episode, or at least that's one of the earliest I remember now. Never got around to joining, but decided to fix that today when I went back to the Escapist forums I used to frequent, saw that the gamer outrage threads had more pages than most stuff I write has views, and wanted to do something more productive than get angry at those. So here I am, finally giving this a shot after all the recommendations on the cast.

So, hi! <3

:shifty:

I guess I'll settle for a hyphen, but there's a 1,500 word essay on this bubbling in me at all times.

Hi

After an abortive attempt to create an account a few years ago I finally tried again and managed it this time. Turns out I don't know the difference between an email address and a username - I blame the Battle.net change to using email!

I like RPGs, indie games, tabletop games and D&D. I have also been playing DotA since 5.54c on WC3, as have a bunch of my buddies. At 27 it's a good way to stay connected with friends in the way we always have done. By raging at teammates.

I'm in deep.

Hi!

So, I never really post in "new people" threads - mostly because I never join new places, but also because I'm dorky and aloof and figure nobody wants me to say hi; but as a longtime Idle Thumbs cool fan who has become increasingly seduced by the incidental talk of how good the forum is recently, I figured I'm going to make a sufficiently concerted effort at message boarding here that I might as well try to not be such a dork.

I've been telling people for a while that I've wanted to post on this board for a while but feared beginning, what finally catalyzed this step was getting banned from NeoGAF last night. (Is this incriminating to admit?) According to the administrator I did not show YouTube personality Boogie due sympathy after he, as well as other alleged GamerGate proponents, had their personal information publicized by (apparently) some hostile members of SRS. I'd been arguing pretty exasperatedly in GAF's GamerGate thread for the last few weeks, and I suppose inevitably my rhetoric was bound to be seen by the wrong person as insensitive, condescending, or overbearing. I can only hope that this sad set of circumstances was what I needed to end up in an environment which might suit me better.

Anyway, you can expect a lot more from ol' Smart Jason than just GAF-rejected, vindictive social justice! I have a cat (I guess you'll have to take my word on this), I have an iPhone with apps (mostly for grocery shopping), and I'm somewhat interested in that Lord of the Rings game coming out next week!

I did not show YouTube personality Boogie due sympathy...

That is a bannable offense? I mean, compassion is always the high road, but really? Unrelatedly, glad to have you here, Smart. Or Jason? SJ.

That is a bannable offense? I mean, compassion is always the high road, but really? Unrelatedly, glad to have you here, Smart. Or Jason? SJ.

Thank you, I genuinely appreciate it. (And I like your avatar!) Jason will suit, as my dirty, shameful secret is that I'm not actually smart.

Why do you feel the need to front then? Can't "Jason" be good enough on his own?

Anyway, welcome.

Why do you feel the need to front then? Can't "Jason" be good enough on his own?

Anyway, welcome.

Maybe some other jerk should stop scooping up the no-frills "Jason" username at every place I register.

Maybe some other jerk should stop scooping up the no-frills "Jason" username at every place I register.

That other guy wrote a script that runs on your router which is monitoring your web browser and registering as "Jason" at every URL you go. This man's name is Roy.

Hey,
I've been listening for nearly 2 years now, but the struggle that is a term paper has finally convinced me to make an account. I primarily enjoy community Multiplayer games such as Dota 2 or TowerFall these days, I also love table top games. I'm DMing a 5th edition D&D game and I'm currently addicted to Love Letter, and Coup. I'm an aspiring programmer and I occasionally post about game related things on twitter, @Trusty_Robot.

I just finished reading Snow Crash for the first time and wondered how I missed what should been a formative childhood novel for so long.

Nice to meet you all.

Hey all, 

Just started listening to the podcast a few months ago. Not sure how I'd missed it up until now, it's great, all of the good things. Am an English Lit/journalism grad who worked for a magazine for a few years, currently enrolled in a 2-year degree for computer programming. Considering a 4-year school with a game design/programming CS degree because I like debt and abuse. Am currently playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall, really looking forward to Civ: Beyond Earth. I've been playing D&D 5, really enjoying the changes. 

Nice being here, best wishes, 

@TinyConstruct

Hi! I'm a Thumbs listener and play mostly whatever can run on my PC or my 3DS these days. I'm trying to find some cool people who are still playing the 3DS Animal Crossing to pal around with, and the Idle Forums seemed like the perfect place!

Greetings new folks!
I hope you find the forums and the members as welcoming and friendly as I've found them.

If you are interested in participating in some Multiplayer shenanigans with fellow Readers I recommend the MP Networking sub-forum.
Lately we've been running Sessions every-other Monday where we play a randomly selected multiplayer game: http://goo.gl/17nciu

This week the selected game is the premier Robot Space Samurai-simulator: Plain Sight
The previous session was Grin's Bionic Commando which turned out to be one of the better Multiplayer games I've played.

Long time podcast listener, thought I'd join the forum with winter game season fast approaching 

Oh no; even new forum users are getting into the off-season Christmas avatar game.