Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Requiring new people to read this entire thread seemed a little excessive, but I've finally finished!

Meanwhile I've ceased to be a timely reference. Curses.

Requiring new people to read this entire thread seemed a little excessive, but I've finally finished!

Meanwhile I've ceased to be a timely reference. Curses.

Ever wish you could rewind time?  I heard you can do that in Braid.

Hello, Idle Thumbs community.

I've been listening and lurking for awhile now but I thought that it was time  I finally joined in.

Hello there!

I've been listening for a couple of years now, but it has just occurred to me to make a forum id thingamajig.

So, hi!

I'm NEW! I'm supposed ta CHECK things as I see 'em!

Seems like I'm supposed to say something about how I got here...WELL! heard Danielle Riendeu (almost positive I butchered that spelling) on Bombin' in the AM: With Scoots and the Wolf. I'd heard a lot about Idle Thumbs' Podcast, but never listened. And it turns out I actually know someone on it. Which led to some minor hilarity.

Hey. I've actually been registered since 2012. I've listened to the podcast since around episode 17, and I don't know why I never posted. Just now I find that I'd like to participate in a forum that's a bit more low-key than what I'm used to.

Been lurking for a bit, and I just realized I made my first post. So time to make an intro post!

My name's Sindre, I'm a 3D artist based in San Francisco. Originally from Norway, I moved here to escape the utter draught of game development in my home country, and to go to college.

My claim to fame is that I did some freelance work for Firewatch, which is something that materialized because I talked to Sean on twitter and we started playing Dota together. Because the internet is fucking weird. 

If you wanna look at some of the stuff I do it is yonder -> www.fingus.net

And my username being one of the playable characters from Gobliiins 2 is actually completely coincidental. Or perhaps subconscious, as I did play that game a whole lot as a wee lad. 

I like robots, narrative driven games, skeletons, Dwarf Fortress, and imperial pale ales a whole lot.

Hello. I am a relatively recent Idle Thumbs listener, after being a Terminal 7 fan for a while. I have come here as part of my never ending quest to find a place to discuss things on the internet that is not terrible and depressing. So far people here seem cool?!?? It is all very exciting.

Er, hi again? I signed up for the forums (I want to say) last year, then was promptly swallowed whole by the Great Internet Mouth, been full-on busy making games (with old thumbs episodes as my go-to work soundtrack) ever since. "Recent Video Game Events" got me seriously rethinking where I choose to spend my time and energy on the internet, when suddenly a tweet by Danielle reminds me that the Idle Forums - not unlike a desert mirage - waited just over the next pile of internet garbage, all full of normal-and-not-at-all-terrifying-people who talk about games like Real Adults. So hi again, nice to meet you all!

Hello there. I'm not a relatively recent person (38), but I am a relatively recent 'discoverer' of Idle Thumbs, which gets me through my commute through the London traffic. So, thanks for your stuff. I like it a lot, even though as a console gamer (aside from Football Manager, Civ and Sim City) I often have no clue about the games you're talking about, it remains engaging and interesting. Now to find an avatar...

Hello forums.

I’ve been listening for a couple of years, I like video gaming, and I like the way Idle Thumbs talks about video gaming! So hey!

Hello!

Like Ghost Dad above, I've been drawn here because it seems to be the last great bastion of sanity on the internet.

Hey!

Been listening for a few years but never visited the forums before, figured after all the nice things I've been hearing about you guys, now was as good a time as any to join up and start posting!

Hello.

The podcast is pretty cool, and considering the way this place is talked about on said podcast, this place seems cool. Cooler than most places where people talk about video games on the internet.

Ahoy!

As a long-time reader and occasional lurker on these forums, I figured it was about time I actually made an account. I haven't actively used a forum since about 2004 or so, but the Idle Thumbs community has always seemed top-notch and, as a person who is passionate about things, I look forward to once again interacting with others who are also passionate about things. Video games.

Hey! I love Idle Thumbs and the people what make it so I thought I should finally join these here forums.

I'm a big games fan, history fan, and generally interested in all things geekish. For my money I use to spend on games, I work as a live-in personal assistant/carer for people with spinal injuries.

I found my way here via Tone Control, and have been listening to Idle Thumbs proper ever since then too. Arguably, I can only assume there are well reasoned adults here who wish to play games with similar not ridiculous types.

Greetings.

Hello there. Those men on the podcast told me to sign up to the forums and I am really impressionable so here I am. 

HI!

Hey, been listening to the podcast and from the looks of it this seems one of the more saner gaming forums around.

Im still struggling to get through my Playstation 2 back catalog.

Howdy.

I discovered the Idle Thumbs podcast through a dream. Chris Remo appeared to me dressed as a wizard to tell me to stop dreaming about video games and listen the podcast where people send in mail about dreaming about video games.