JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Well that's the whole interesting point of Amnesia Fortnight. Btw, it's not just DoubleFine people pitching ideas. Fathomless is by a guy from 2Player.

I don't really like any of Pen's ideas.

Guys, what are you talking about TIMAGOTCHI, is the only option here! Just hack Pokémon-Amie and add Tim-Schafer and that's enough for me!

Damn... I thought this was going to be easy. But the 2nd half of concepts have too many good ones.

Primed by the expectation that The Legend contains unexpected humour, I misread its Steam description as "In a fairy tale fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages, wise kings and beautiful princesses the player controls a horse."

Somewhere in the world, Peter Molyneux just broke out in a sweat with the thought, "What if it was a game where you played the hero's horse...?"

5:38 of that video: "In Steed, you play as a horse for hire and save a storybook land full of inept heroes."

I may have to actually get on and vote for that. 

I don't think this has been mentioned in this thread, but the Paradox Humble Bundle site store sale thing is on right now. I've been trying to play it and I'm way too tired to go into the details right now, but I started out with my head spinning and after a couple of hours I feel like I might have a feeble grasp on 0.01202350% the implications of my actions. In a good way.

all of the Guild games are on sale in the 3DS eshop in all territories! Three bucks each!

all of the Guild games are on sale in the 3DS eshop in all territories! Three bucks each!

What are the guild games?

Starship Damrey is a fun, short sci-fi 'weird' tale with a strong Outer Limits vibe. For three bucks an easy pick! Liberation Maiden is an excellent arcade game, didn't care a whole deal for Aeroporter and haven't played the rest.

Oh, i played the Liberation Maiden demo and had it on my longlist! For that price i'll deffo pick it up. 

I had a $50 eshop giftcard that I've been waiting to use when things went on sale, so this seemed as good a time as any. Picked them all up except Aeroporter.

It's not on sale right now but maybe one to note for later (or get right now for $8 if you want, I'm not your mom (or am I?)) is Little Racers STREET which was added to Steam last week.

It started out as an XBLA game and was a good hoot then. It's still got the online/offline career mode, upgradable cars, and 12P multiplayer. Now there's a second city to race around as well, so around 60 tracks in all (not counting mirror modes), and the graphics look like they've been improved.

Definitely wishlist it if you like top-down racers. Milkstonestudios.com has the demo (edit: and also a link to Amazon US where it's $4, presumably non-Steam).

It's not on sale right now but maybe one to note for later (or get right now for $8 if you want, I'm not your mom (or am I?)) is Little Racers STREET which was added to Steam last week.

It started out as an XBLA game and was a good hoot then. It's still got the online/offline career mode, upgradable cars, and 12P multiplayer. Now there's a second city to race around as well, so around 60 tracks in all (not counting mirror modes), and the graphics look like they've been improved.

Definitely wishlist it if you like top-down racers. Milkstonestudios.com has the demo (edit: and also a link to Amazon US where it's $4, presumably non-Steam).

Are there sweet jumps?

Liberation Maiden, The Starship Damrey, Aero Porter, Crimson Shroud, Atack of the Friday Monsters, Bugs vs Tanks, and Weapon Shop de Omasse. Weapon Shop de Omasse isn't out in the west until the twentieth, but they're really interesting games and Attack of the Friday Monsters was one of my GOTYs for last year.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been wanting to pick up Damrey, and Crimson Shroud for ages, I grabbed Friday monsters as well on your recommendation. :)

Since I still have 10 in my wallet, I'm thinking I'll grab weapon shop when it drops. Unless maybe Maiden and bugs vs tanks are really worth it.

I haven't played much of Liberation Maiden, but it seems alright. I hear that Bugs vs Tanks is pretty weak, though.

Also, it's super weird and distasteful that Bugs vs Tanks has actual Nazis as the protagonists. It apparently never ever makes comment on the fact either.

There's a new Humble Bundle.  None of the games were ones I was actively planning on buying, but I didn't own any of them so I bought it.

4avrHEJ.png

All super solid games... gotta love Guacamelee and Dust for two of the best Metroidvania implementations last generation. I watched Jeff's highlight of Antichamber during Giant Bomb's 2013 GOTY deliberations and it looked super intriguing. I already owned half of the games, but figured it was well worth it for the rest.