JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Bioshock 2 uses GFWL, so now's the time to get it if you're interested.

They already moved it over to Steam (last fall or something like that). It also has controller support and Steam achievements now.

Oh, nice, I had heard they weren't going to do that. I wonder how that works with the DLC I purchased.

Oh, nice, I had heard they weren't going to do that. I wonder how that works with the DLC I purchased.

if you owned BS2 through steam prior to the switch over you got the new steamworks version of the dlc for free regardless of if you bought it through the GFWL marketplace or not. I figure they saw that as the easiest solution.

Yeah, I went to play Minerva's Den at Christmas because I wanted to do so before GFWL went away and I lost access. Turns out it didn't matter because once I installed my old Steam version everything was already in place. Good job, whoever did that.

Keep in mind that GOG Spelunky doesn't have the Daily Challenge mode (unless that's been patched in post-release, which I haven't heard of).

That really bummed me out. I triple dipped on Spelunk accidentally. 

Glitchspace is $1 on Groupees for the next couple of days ($1.50 with soundtrack). It's a "first person programming" puzzle platformer. Win, Mac and Linux.

Figured some of our amateur programming / game making members might be into it. Soundtrack's pretty good too.

download.gif

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I just came from the used electronic store and saw a Google Nexus 7 (32G) for 150€ used, my tablet is only a few years old, but it looks like a tempting offer... is it?

(It is a gaming system... kinda...) :getmecoat

If it's the generation 1 Nexus 7, I'd say it's probably not worth it.

PSN (PAL) Easter sale for the remainder of April!

There's a few really good discounts, as high as 85% off even before the PS+ bonus is applied. I just threw together a spreadsheet to calculate the discounts. Add this to the PayPal promotion running in AU this month, where every $50 you add via PayPal earns you $10 extra credit, and this is some Steam-level sale quality.

I'll probably pick up TxK, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Virtue's Last Reward Collection, and OlliOlli. It's a shame the MGS HD collection only includes 2 & 3 (having never played any of them seriously, I'm planning to buy the Legacy Collection on disc at some point), but Vita/PS3 Cross-play is a nice selling point. Hmm...

I think I might get Tales of Xilia from that sale, minimum.

I just looked up the site I mentioned in my last post and according to the site, the Nexus 7 they have there is the 2013 version and is the 32Gigs one, not only that but they will take my PAL UK game I've been trying to sell on eBay, with about 50+ games to sell, it's possible I might not even have to pay for the tablet.

At the same time, my tablet is perfectly serviceable and is only two years old, although it would be nice to have a tablet with more internal storage for comics and games.

Anyway, the fact they buy UK PAL games is a life saver for me. They are really taking up a lot of space. Oddly enough they had Tales of Xillia for sale there too, but I doubt it will be as cheap as the PSN version, although I think they had the collector's edition too?

GOG is running a sale for the next couple of days. Right now, the Witcher series and some other RPGs are 50-80% off. They're doing voting to see what goes on sale tomorrow, and it looks like it will be a set of Unreal games. If anyone wants to have a sniper battle on Facing Worlds, now's the time.

I went onto Origin to reset my password as part of my post heartbleed tidy up & found out they have a few things on sale atm.  

in particular of interest was

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/simcity-cities-of-tomorrow-ep1-/mac-pc-download/addon/simcity-cities-of-tomorrow

I know they have patched out the always online requirement now, and I'm wondering as someone who enjoyed the reboot up to a point is this worth giving a shot?

That's the expansion pack, not the full game (it's hard to tell if you've already played the base game or not from your message.) I have heard that the multi-zone towers are really cool but the rest of the features are somewhat lack luster.

Personally, I checked out when they put out the Nissan Leaf DLC.

This is kinda a deal, but they just release Humongous games on Steam! There much be some mistake, because they are charging the price for ALL of their games when they only have a few of them for sale? Weird.

Frozen Synapse for cheap until 21 April. For me it's 7€ for the complete pack. The main game is cheaper. Both include two copies with each purchase. This is a really good version of chess with bazookas and procedurally generated arenas.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14855/

This is kinda a deal, but they just release Humongous games on Steam! There much be some mistake, because they are charging the price for ALL of their games when they only have a few of them for sale? Weird.

Wow, my uncle worked at Humongous so I played all the games growing up.  I'm tempted to replay some of these, but I have a hunch that I won't really like any of them 20 years later.

Holy shit I just watched the video for Freddie Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds and all of that is basically exactly as I remembered it. I must've played that game in particular dozens of times when I was a kid. I love it. Putt Putt Goes to the Moon was also a favorite, but I've always been more of a deep sea kinda guy.

I never actually played any of the Humongous games growing up, but I remember seeing them every once in a while and thinking they looked neat. I will probably never play them because I am so far outside of their intended audience and have no nostalgic connection to them.

But it's really cool to see something different available on Steam.

I scanned the list, but missed Tokyo Jungle was in it.  Fucking buying and playing that tomorrow!