JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I don't get what basis they're using to dole these out. I got two, Dewar got three, and some guy I know got four.

The best guess I have is that you get one code each for certain DF games. The only ones I don't have on Steam are Spacebase and Iron Brigade.

*obligatory grumpy post from Tanu about how he already owns the games in the Humble Bundle*

It's strange the only bundles I've bought recently have been from Groupees, every other indie bundle is either all games I already own or some games I own and some I don't care about. :|

I have four coupons, I doubt Spacebase counts since it's still early access and there are five DF games on Steam, so... which one does count? I guess The Cave since SEGA published it?

I have all DF games except Iron Brigade and I only got 2 coupons :/

I got 6. In case the idle forums don't already have enough of them to burn for unlimited free energy.

Deponia and The Edna & Harvey games are great, the Unwritten Tales are OK. I haven't played Jack Keane 2, but the I hated the first one.

I don't know the rest, but I'm pretty one of them is really a hidden object game though, they kinda like adventure games now anyway.

I was really surprised by Deponia when I played it last year and enjoyed the heck out of it. Warning: super old school German adventure though! Expect lots and lots of puzzles, some of them not entirely logical. But damn, that's a pleasing world to be in.

Deponia is great. The main character is an unlovable asshole but ....................kind of lovable to me because of that. Definitely got some sexism issues in that game, though. Huge issues. No way to defend it, really.. Stay away stay far away if that bothers you. Edna & Harvey really surprised me. I only played Harvey's New Eyes, but it was really good. A very specific kind of fucked up for the sake of being fucked up kind of humor, though, so YMMV.

Uhhh was I supposed to make people want to play these games? I forget.

I've been wanting to play Unritten Tales for a while... Maybe I'll grab this.

Yes, Rufus is hardly a nice person, but the game is quite succesful in making you as the player feel a certain way about that. You start to roleplay as this 'Guybrush+' character, and at some points I actually found it convincingly difficult to do certain required acts. Morally dubious, but it makes a lasting impression.

I want to play the second game now!

There is a Not Safe For Work Bundle.... And Dinner Date is one of the games? 

It has "Seduce Me", wasn't it talked about some time ago because Steam refused to publish it? And a game called "My Girlfriend is the President"? WHAT?! ಠ_ಠ

Ye gods.... She's called "Yukino Ohama".... Gee, I wonder who that's a reference for... I... I just...THANKS, OHAMA!  :getmecoat

Dark Souls is £3.74 on Xbox Marketplace right now if, like me, you've been holding off on getting into it. Bunch of other deals too, including SRIV, Metro: Last Light and Mass Effect.

Fez, Beatbuddy and Starseed Pilgrim have just been added to Humble Bundle 11, but I've already got Fez from number 9. Let me know if you'd like it and I'll PM the URL.

So if two of you guys are interested in getting Starbound, we could share a 4-pack! I need two copies.

Good new Bundlestars Bundle.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/adrenaline-bundle/

5$ gets you 12 Steam keys, totalling 13 games:

• Ring Runner:Flight of the Sages
  • Etherlords 1 and 2
  • Master Reboot
  • Expeditions:Conquistador
  • Rock of Ages
  • POSTAL
  • Gun Monkeys (2 copies)
  • Heli heroes
  • Monday Night Combat
  • Axis Game Factory
  • Bang Bang Racing
  • Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

I can vouch for the Etherlords games, as well as Rock of Ages being quality.