Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Saturday Morning Streams

If you want Dark Souls guided tour done right, the SA LP is amazing.

http://lparchive.org/Dark-Souls/

The players in the know only really step in to keep things going when necessary and the rest is fun banter. In the beginning there's some rotating casters some of whom aren't that good, but towards the middle they really get into a groove.

Best part is that doing the LP helped Vicas cope with chemo.

I loved the Sean-Chris fantastically enthusiastic high five upon completion.

It's definitely that kind of game. I can't imagine playing the game without friends.

viscera cleanup stream was great.

also, can't wait for the leaked hidden camera footage of nick doing intensive street fighter training to ensure his victory.

I'm looking forward to the weekly Street fighter stream! that was fucking aces

Street Fighter stream is best stream!

You'd probably be worse players if you knew what you were doing... if you know what i mean :confused:

I just watched the viscera stream.  While I was watching Sean pick up shells, my mind came up with a narrative that you're playing as the person who just killed everyone on a space station and are now cleaning up the evidence to hide your crime.

That viscera stream was rad! and street fighter was hilarious after watching evo all weekend. I would briefly wonder why one player was jumping in from half screen or not fadc'ing uppercuts before my senses caught up.

Thing is, without a guide, how far do we really think Chris would have got? I'd wager he wouldn't have reached the Taurus demon which would have made a more frustrating watch for us. 

Solid information about the game's various systems is pretty much invaluable, since the game itself is in absolutely no hurry to explain anything to you. 

who cares how far he gets? Being good at a game has nothing to do with how entertaining it is to watch/play (see: every other idle thumbs stream)

I'm watching the VCD stream on youtube, and one of the related videos is Jeff Goldblum on Conan.

I am losing my mind. I had no idea how deep and specialized my knowledge of this game was until I watched two guys who know nothing play Ireland. I was pulling my hair out at first, when an unjustified arrest (-40 opinion), an exposed plot (-30 opinion), and two banishments (-20 opinion each) turned their entire realm against them. This game is so much about playing by its own "rules" that the vindictiveness of Nick (and most of the chat) nearly sunk the game.

And now they've pulled out of it! A good hunt and feast saved everyone's opinion, now they're helping out with a war in England. Can they get out of Gavelkind before the succession breaks apart their small kingdom? I hope the Thumbs continue this over more sessions!

EDIT: Possible titles for the episode where they discuss this: My Son, Sean Vanaman or The Social Event of the Season. Maybe Are You Coming to "Kill Brian's Wife?"

This Crusader Kings II stream is just tremendous. Perhaps one of the best streams I've ever seen. So much fun. Long live King Sean I Vanaman of Munster!

Oh God, a five-and-a-half hour stream... That was so much fun, I wish there were a way to record the chat. Every time Chris and Nick would do something ill-advised, the chat just exploded. Yeah, some of it was me, I typed caps a lot to get their attention and then some random dude chewed me out.

EDIT: More possible episode titles: Jake I RodKing of Munster.

is it just me, or is there always a rather annoying high pitched noise in the stream?

That would be Nick Breckon

SHAZAM

Wait, Nick actually has a quite a deep voice so this joke has already fallen apart

I have to say, it's pretty great having Nick Breckon do voices for a text-heavy game he's just a little too drunk to be playing.

It's not drinking alone if you've got a twitch chat full of people with you.

Does the twitch iphone app have notifications when a followed channel goes live?

Not so much for me as i'll more than likely be sleeping, i'm just thinking of the readers

"I only hired this prostitute so she could wake me up for the stream".

I started playing Shadowrun about an hour and a half before Nick did, so it was like peering into a weird time vortex of all the choices I could have made.

When Nick first announced that he would stream, I went to Twitch.tv to see if he had started.  He hadn't, so I picked a random Shadowrun Returns player and watched his game.  When combat went south for this man, he pouted and whined so much that I had to the stream off after a few minutes.

Later Nick started dying during the tutorial flashback and his screams were glorious.  There's nothing like the sound of genuine Breckon anguish.

Yeah, this Shadowrun stream is great.

Glad you got something out of it. I'm hesitant to stream alone, but man I needed both video games and a drink, so I figured why not.

I was drinking some Racer 5 while watching the stream, so I'd say it wasn't drinking alone.