Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Saturday Morning Streams

I was also drinking along with you. Having the ability to fire up a stream so you can honestly say you don't drink alone is an amazing super power.

"Idle Thumbs Plays Solitaire" is a strong contender for Best Idea 20XX. That's some procedurally generated video games-playing, that is!

Between the solitaire and the Ragnar saga I'm starting to wonder if Nick has some sort of supernatural reality-bending powers when it comes to video games that make them always play out in the weirdest and most hilarious way possible.

I feel like I just watched a very intelligent meta-commentary on the nature of twitch. That, or Nick was drunk and felt silly.

"LieBot, what is the saddest thing?"  

"Watching a man drink and play Solitaire in silence on twitch.tv."

I hope Nick can bear to rewatch it for some Solitaire strats. He had outs in pretty much every game he restarted, especially the last one. That was practically nailed on.

"LieBot, what is the saddest thing?"  

"Watching a man drink and play Solitaire in silence on twitch.tv."

Also this is true. I just wanted to pat him on the back and say "it's going to be alright".

That last game was so winnable, but it's a matter of shifting piles around to free up the ones you have, to make up for the one that's trapped.

post-8532-0-94067800-1375381225_thumb.png

That last game was so winnable, but it's a matter of shifting piles around to free up the ones you have, to make up for the one that's trapped.

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2013-08-01 at 10.52.48 AM.png

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I fired up solitaire to make sure that you can move non-king cards to empty spaces, only to realize that my Windows installation did not come with games.

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I fired up solitaire to make sure that you can move non-king cards to empty spaces, only to realize that my Windows installation did not come with games.

It probably does, but you have to manually enable them as a "windows feature," then they all just show up. (?!!?!?) We had to go through that process to get Solitaire going, and Nick's rage during that process alone should have probably also been streamed.

Windows 8 no longer comes with any games. You have to sign up with some Windows Store thingy before you can download solitaire and alike.

It probably does, but you have to manually enable them as a "windows feature," then they all just show up. (?!!?!?) We had to go through that process to get Solitaire going, and Nick's rage during that process alone should have probably also been streamed.

So it seems. That's super weird.

Also, seems like Nick was not being stupid. You can only move kings to empty spaces.

Moving any other card to an empty space is cheatin'.

The solution wasn't to move them to an empty space but to move stacks between each other and keep removing cards until you reach the covered cards.

Spoilers: 5 Spades > 6 Hearts, remove 6 Diamonds,  6 Hearts > 7 Spades, remove 7 Clubs, 7 Spades > 8 Hearts, remove 8 Diamonds, 8 Hearts > 9 Clubs, REVEAL YOUR PRIZE.

Sick Solitaire stratz.

P elementary stratz if you've been in that situation before. 

Impressed you went to the lengths of telling him exactly which moves he needed to make.  No, wait, not impressed, the other one.

I originally only included the first two moves as an "e.g." but then I saw it would only take two more to complete it so indulged myself.

goddamnit breckon now I can't stop playing solitaire

AUGH

JK0q3T1.png

"Take On Mars" sounds like a Idle Thumbs worthy game to stream.

I haven't seen anything about that game, but if it's anything like Moonbase Alpha it would be a blast. Makes me wish they could have streamed Moonbase Alpha in it's prime. Now it would either be empty or just dudes mimicing that one Youtube video.

Solitaire is the only tablet game I ever play, I switch back and forth between normal and spider every couple games to keep myself on my toes.  On an actual computer I never ever paly it though, I'm a minesweeper guy.

I just got my first tablet and I've spent the last couple days playing solitaire while watching Star Trek: The Next Generation.  So basically, I've returned to the late 80s/early 90s and I brought futuristic device with me.

goddamnit breckon now I can't stop playing solitaire

AUGH

You and Nick will be embarrassed/pleased to learn that you can take back that cards that you have put up the top, saving you from situations such as these.

(WATCHES THREE MOST RECENT VIDEOS ON TWITCH.)

What the hell was that

My reaction to the latest stream is that lately Idle Thumbs must have been frequenting the smoke shops on Mission St.