Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Saturday Morning Streams

So Sean was streaming some DOTA last night, and I was kind of drunk last night and I think I said a lot of dumb things in the chat, so Sean if you're reading this sorry for saying dumb things in the chat! I am very glad I got him to play the Chasers though.

I am so glad we're getting streams again!

Had completely missed that Danielle had been streaming though, and I can imagine I'm not the only one. Would be cool if it was highlighted a bit more prominently on the website perhaps?

I am so glad we're getting streams again!

Had completely missed that Danielle had been streaming though, and I can imagine I'm not the only one. Would be cool if it was highlighted a bit more prominently on the website perhaps?

nZPZfg1.png

Yeah, putting the Twitch.tv section in that size would definitely help!

Or you could follow the idlethumbs channel on twitch, and it would helpfully email you whenever someone goes live with a stream.

Reading my comment back I sound like a real asshole. I am very sorry about that!

Ill-advised attempt at tounge-in-cheek. 

have these been rehosted on to youtube by anyone?

Watching Sean learn Bloodborne, I am about to burn down my apartment with anxiety that Sean is throwing around molotovs left and right but rationing bullets like they're made of gold and not just enemy drops. I haven't even played Bloodborne, I've just played enough of the previous games to know a rare resource when I see it.

Still, I can't help but smile hearing him flip out with joy about playing his first Souls game.

Oh man, I gotta check the channel, that sounds fabulous.  Hopefully these are archived. 

Also, molotovs are surprisingly cheap/plentiful, and useful throughout the entire game.  Bloodborne really encourages full arsenal use.  I literally killed the final boss last night with a throwing knife to the face because I was out of all other resources, and had to keep dodging backwards to avoid damage since I was out of heals. 

The giggles of glee when he figures something out, or executes a move he's particularly proud of sell me on the stream so hard.

Oh man, I gotta check the channel, that sounds fabulous.  Hopefully these are archived. 

Also, molotovs are surprisingly cheap/plentiful, and useful throughout the entire game.  Bloodborne really encourages full arsenal use.  I literally killed the final boss last night with a throwing knife to the face because I was out of all other resources, and had to keep dodging backwards to avoid damage since I was out of heals. 

I'm watching them archived, although Twitch tries to trick you in every way possible to think that they aren't somehow.

And no, you don't understand. In an hour of play, Sean used ten molotovs, mostly to pull single enemies away from groups, and fired two bullets, one of which was probably by accident. I'm sure he gets over his hangup later, but the fact that he can make bullets out of his health, which is relatively easy to replenish among trash mobs, seems to escape him for now and it was driving me mad.

Okay, about twenty minutes into the second full stream, Sean (mostly) gets over his extreme aversion to fighting multiple enemies, which is amazing. He has a five-minute tear that's as good as any Souls player of mid-level skill.

He still is i) not confident about his ability to anticipate and disrupt enemy attacks, leading him to ii) back up too far and dodge too much, especially before trying to attack, which iii) gives enemies the initiative and allows them to overwhelm him sometimes. He's trying to pull guys like it's an MMO, but practically every one of his deaths has come from some combination of him running away, letting the enemies clump together, backing himself into a literal or figurative corner, depleting all of his stamina dodging, and then dying from enemies who could have been dispatched singly with one or two swings as they came. I imagine that him figuring out how to time his attacks to hit an approaching enemy the moment they enter his range, without giving them time to initiate their own attack, will be joyous for him.

I'm sure that Sean really appreciates some stranger analyzing his style of play, right? 

I'm watching them archived, although Twitch tries to trick you in every way possible to think that they aren't somehow.

And no, you don't understand. In an hour of play, Sean used ten molotovs, mostly to pull single enemies away from groups, and fired two bullets, one of which was probably by accident. I'm sure he gets over his hangup later, but the fact that he can make bullets out of his health, which is relatively easy to replenish among trash mobs, seems to escape him for now and it was driving me mad.

That's what pebbles and throwing knives are for! 

I have not been able to catch these streams and I don't think it is archived. It is a true tragedy.

There are two streams in past broadcasts up if you click on that. Dunno if there are more that were lost?

Great return to streaming, guys! Dark Souls 3 and tiki drinks was an unexpected combination, but having a tipsy Nick beat a non-pushover boss with his messed-up character turned out to be a genuine pleasure.

Great return to streaming, guys! Dark Souls 3 and tiki drinks was an unexpected combination, but having a tipsy Nick beat a non-pushover boss with his messed-up character turned out to be a genuine pleasure.

Thanks so much guys, it was lovely even though it kept me up wayyyy past my bedtime. Such a perfect ending.

I also think I now know what people like Gorm must feel when watching the CK2 streams, my goodness.