Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Saturday Morning Streams

Oh man, speaking of explody bits, Nick accidentally blowing up the truck with the explosive crossbow was so good.

Haha I was just listening to the cast where they talked about Tennnes and Sean was saying that he avoided playing it on stream because games like that turned him into a super-competitive monster. It's fun to see that transformation in real time, even if it's cut short by a mildly indignant knock on the door.

Is there any option for like a 2v2 co-op mode in Super Pole Riders? Or, I guess it's still in alpha, so do you have any idea if one's being planned? Seeing some of the stuff that was accidentally happening, like whacking your opponent with your pole which boosted him just high enough to kick the ball from behind into his own goal, makes me imagine that some really crazy co-op antics would be possible.

It would be pretty hilarious if the next podcast episode had everyone being really quiet so that that one lady wouldn't be annoyed.

Haha I was just listening to the cast where they talked about Tennnes and Sean was saying that he avoided playing it on stream because games like that turned him into a super-competitive monster. It's fun to see that transformation in real time, even if it's cut short by a mildly indignant knock on the door.

Is there any option for like a 2v2 co-op mode in Super Pole Riders? Or, I guess it's still in alpha, so do you have any idea if one's being planned? Seeing some of the stuff that was accidentally happening, like whacking your opponent with your pole which boosted him just high enough to kick the ball from behind into his own goal, makes me imagine that some really crazy co-op antics would be possible.

Check out this crazy shit. Can't wait.

Spelunky stream, everyone is climbing through the caves as a team, Sean goes " Look at this. THis is like fuckin' Scooby Doo!"
It's funny because it's true.

Yes please. It has been months since the last saturday morning Stream.

You thought the horrible future of games would involve electronic devices that latch on and force you to keep playing through your tears

but in actuality that role is fulfilled by us the readers!

I think we can all join together in hoping that the real reason there hasn't been a stream in about a month is because every Saturday they gather in the office, reach out a hand to turn on the computer, and hear a memory in their minds, faint but real -- "I'm still working..." -- and the (trembling) hand is retracted and they depart with hushed footfalls, telling themselves that next week things will be different.

(Half of them starting a company may also be a minor contributing factor, but let's not make wild assumptions).

I was secretly hoping that the Indiana Jones clip would be the lead-in to Chris' run while the UHF parody of that same scene would be the lead-in for Nick's.

That stream was great.

"Pick up the rock"

"Get the rock"

"Why aren't you carrying the rock?"

Watching the Chris and Nick play co-op reminds me of playing Sonic 2 with someone else controling Tails.  The Tails player runs around collecting rings and killing enemies while Sonic just tries not to die and has control of the camera.

I was just waiting for one of them to panic with the shotgun in hand and shoot the other. Death was far more subtle.

Not just Chris' first victory at Spelunky, but a pretty inspirational win at that, seeing as how he got to the Olmec level without any bombs, and didn't totally grasp all the mechanics of how the Olmec head operates, That should be a cause for celebration among all Spelunky players. No matter how bad your situation seems, you still have a reasonable chance of pulling through.