subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

This is beginning to get a little overwhelming. I'll post a summary of our options this everning.

It's kinda weird if we include Jake, Chris, Steve who isn't even there, but not Sean, who works in that office. And if we include a Shitty Breckon, isn't that an even bigger joke on Sean than Nick?

It does feel having come this far it would be a shame if Sean and Nick didn't make it in.

but that's just me, toblix.

That's more hilarious than it should be.

Could we not just have a plaque that reads 'Congrats Nick Breakon' attached to an empty frame/canvas?

This maybe funnier in my head than in reality.

I feel sorry for Nick.

I really like this idea.

Or how about this for an idea that would obviously be far too awkward/impossible to do, but amuses me: a normal picture but with "Congrats Nick" scrawled over it in giant angry letters in glow-in-the-dark paint, so it only shows up when they turn the lights off to leave the office. Wait, does such a thing even exist, or am I just thinking of UV paint? It's a dumb idea anyway. Shut up, James.

This is beginning to get a little overwhelming.

I can only imagine. I think people need to remember that someone's actually having to pull all this stuff together before they start throwing stupid glow-in-the-dark ideas around.

The project as it stands now is incredible, anyway.

Or how about this for an idea that would obviously be far too awkward/impossible to do, but amuses me: a normal picture but with "Congrats Nick" scrawled over it in giant angry letters in glow-in-the-dark paint, so it only shows up when they turn the lights off to leave the office. Wait, does such a thing even exist, or am I just thinking of UV paint? It's a dumb idea anyway. Shut up, James.

UV "Congrats Nick" is a great idea :tup:

No I think that's the best idea of all, because it doesn't make me feel sad about Nick getting a super shitty no-effort painting!

Man, I really wish I could contribute something to this either money-wise or art-wise, but money's pretty tight and I don't think I could spend the week or so it'd take me to make a picture for this :unsure:

The increase in Breckon apologists is concerning. Don't forget what he's done to us!

Actually, i'm pretty new here and don't know exactly why we hate Nick, outside of the obvious continuation of an inside joke. That being said

Congrats Nick.

Twig, if you somehow ended up receiving and then hand delivering the Nick painting, you'd be able to write a secret UV message over the top.

But as James says, project is already awesome.

I wish I had half the talent you guys do to contribute to this in some way.  You guys are amazing.

You can take the Congrats Nick out of Idle Thumbs, but you can't take the Fuck out of Congrats Nick.

You can take the Congrats Nick out of Idle Thumbs, but you can't take the Fuck out of Congrats Nick.

Now that's a platform I can get behind!

Ok, I had a strangely stupid (= great) idea for Sean's picture, that is if no-one else wants to make one. I could do it as a 70's basketball card. Pretty much like this example with text changed to " Sean Vanaman - Famous - San Francisco. This could be printed at a small size. I would need a day or two for this also.

post-26597-0-56813200-1390859649.jpg

The artwork of Jake is due to arrive at the Thumbs office tomorrow.  I don't know what the packing slip says about who ordered it (it might just list me), so I want to send the letter & note this week to make sure the boys know the Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Weird Thing Committee was reponsible!

Current Status:

Sent:

Artwork of Jake

Ready to order/send:

Artwork of Chris, Steve, J Allard & Bobby Kotick.

Cover Letter.

Not finished:

Gift note (I keep postponing it in case there's more art)

Still being discussed:

Something for Nick?

Something for Sean?

Total funds: $575

Spent on Jake: $281

Remaining:  $294

We have juuuust enough funds to go ahead and order the 4 canvases I listed (2 * 10x8 for Steve & Chris, 2 * 24x19 for J and Bobby) and cover the artist costs.

If y'all want to add in extra artworks - one for Sean and one for Nick - we can shrink the J and Bobby pieces to the same size as Chris and Steve, and free up enough funds for us to add another 2 canvases of the same size.  

Do you want to do this? Please speak up in-thread!

I would like us to reach a decision on this by midnight Tuesday, so I can go ahead and write/send the gift note and make sure everyone gets credit.