subbes

The Idle Thumbs 10th Anniversary Committee

Holy shit, BigJKO, that's fantastic.

I'd love to send a canvas for every single artwork that someone's done, but I don't know if we can cover it with the donations we have...  

Random idea I haven't tought about at all:  maybe, as well as the "winners" being put on canvas and sent, we could... assemble all the submitted artworks into one image and send a poster or print of that, too? I could get that printed locally and grab a gaudy frame for it?

Edit:  oh hahahaha he's holding a Spelunky explorer's hat!

That's a great idea. Getting a nice poster won't break the budget and all the awesome work will make it to the eyes of those we adore.

Also, please, can someone do a picture of Nick?  I know he's nondescript and therefore hard to draw, but I don't want his heart broken when the "Nick" canvas arrives and it's blank.

I've emptied my palpal balance, hopefully we reach the amount for total awesomeness.

The "gift note" itself will have a "cover letter" to make sure no-one reads the gift note too early.  Since the cover letter is fairly simple, I went ahead and wrote it:

post-8532-0-77251600-1390339322_thumb.jpg

Bit sloppy, and the "Yours" is misaligned, but it'll do.

I don't have artistic talent, aesthetic sense or much imagination, but I have a certain amount of anal-retentitiveness.  Comes in handy when sitting down in front of a copybook.  

I absolutely need to practice more before I write up the gift note, though - it's been a while since I wrote (my somewhat-altered version of) Spencerian and I'm overcompensating with a death-grip on the pen instead of relaxing and letting it flow.

I don't have artistic talent, aesthetic sense or much imagination, but I have a certain amount of anal-retentitiveness.  Comes in handy when sitting down in front of a copybook.  

I absolutely need to practice more before I write up the gift note, though - it's been a while since I wrote (my somewhat-altered version of) Spencerian and I'm overcompensating with a death-grip on the pen instead of relaxing and letting it flow.

Handwriting has little to do with artistic talent weirdly enough, I can paint and draw but my handwriting looks like my hand ate the pen and threw it up on the page.

Your handwriting is ridiculously neat.

OK, late to the party I guess but this is as good a place as any to ask why Allard and Kotik.

And am I the only one who feels bad for Nick?

Hey, Congrats Nick Breckon.

Nick Becon, on the other hand, deserves a break.

I am so incredibly jealous of your handwriting ability, Subbes.

Also..that Nick Breckon painting would be too good. 

Where's the love for Hot Scoops up in this?

Here's my contribution, my master work.

I

Regret

Nothing

R4K0JlU.gif

OK, late to the party I guess but this is as good a place as any to ask why Allard and Kotik.

And am I the only one who feels bad for Nick?

I don't remember which episode but recently they were talking about commissioning traditional presidential portraits of allard and kotick to hang on their walls.

And yes. Yes you are.

I used to feel bad for Nick then had the creeping realisation that he might be a bit of a jerk?

I used to feel bad for Nick then had the creeping realisation that he might be a bit of a jerk?

... Congrats Nick Breckon, then?

Edit:  oh hahahaha he's holding a Spelunky explorer's hat!

Heh, yes! :tup:

Also..

those shoes are (or will be, when coloured) Extremo Remo Vans shoes, obviously.

Bit sloppy, and the "Yours" is misaligned, but it'll do.

I hate you...

To clarify. This 'hate' is one of extreme apposition to your opinion. That note is amazing, and everything you've done here is pretty outstanding.

Congrats Nick though

Nick is a class act. Kind of a shame he'll never read that here.

Wow, what a crazy gift, all those canvases and artworks and diptychs! GOod job organising, Subbes, and great handwriting.