JonCole

Walking Dead, Mark of the Ninja, Bioshock 2, The Cave vets form Campo Santo

It's about planting spruce trees and watching them grow in real time!

Nick already made that with his trees mod for Skyrim.

Forrest Ranger Simulator 2110

it's a scifi

Gone Home universe, it's a dating sim.

Nick already made that with his trees mod for Skyrim.

That's why he's not in Campo. No challenge. For babies.

Oh, and it's called Silent Ninja Rolling Down a Hill: Gone Homecoming.

In case anyone didn't sign up for the Campo Santo newsletter (and really, why would you not) the first one got sent out today and contains the first issue of the Campo Santo Quarterly Review, written by the new Campo Santo Ombudsman Duncan Fyfe.  I won't spoil whats inside, go read it for yourself.  You shall not be disappointed.

http://www.camposanto.com/quarterlyreview/vol1issue1/

When Duncan delivered these stories I lost my mind -- we said "do some stuff you think is cool," pitched a format, and he delivered pure gold. We didn't have any plans to do a literary journal when we started like three months ago, but man, I'm so stoked we are.

That's amazing.  I was sure the dog story was just made up, until I googled it. 

Also, I just spent 40+ minutes reading a company newsletter.  Y'all did good (well, Duncan did good, and you did good by having him do it).

That's amazing.  I was sure the dog story was just made up, until I googled it.

Nothing in that is made up, except probably the sea shanty.

A Video Game Made Especially for Mark?

Wtf :) it took me 30secs to realise they used the "use first name" tag

Also, just to be clear. Are you actually expecting me to read all of that shit? ;)

Holy christ, this was an amazing read. Haha, that is just absolute gold! I don't care if you never release a game as long as Duncan just puts up one of these every quarter!

There was a a tiny stray HTML tag in the Dog story. "A reporter for the San Francisco Daily Evening Bulletin i> described the pair of Bummer and Lazarus.."

horrified-pic3.jpg

You can't use <div>'s in emails

I've been doing this email marketing shit for almost three years now and I feel like I should impart my wisdom. I found these tutorial last week which pretty much explains everything I've painstakingly had to figure out myself over the years, I've actually spent most of today cleaning up the code in my templates according to these articles...

Mastering HTML Emails:

http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/series/mastering-html-email--webdesign-17696

If you need any help give me a shout

It wouldn't take me that long to convert your code into something that would display correctly across all browsers/devices.

Yeah, we know -- we just totally forgot to handle the txt only version of hte email. We'll fix it.

Signing up for the Campo Santo newsletter turned out to be among the top decisions I made this year. So sayeth the Ombudsman.

Signing up for the Campo Santo newsletter turned out to be among the top decisions I made this year. So sayeth the Ombudsman.

Within like 2 hours of receiving that newsletter, I decided that song needed music. I don't have the best software, so I couldn't make a proper shanty, only a midi-type punky pirate thing and the result is super dumb in a way I'm totally proud of.