JonCole

Walking Dead, Mark of the Ninja, Bioshock 2, The Cave vets form Campo Santo

I tiny part of me hopes they make a terrible game just for how hilariously awkward it will get on this forum

Done and done.

It'll just be a procedural forest fire game with extensive geneological systems, found poetry and minimal scripted -- nay, bespoke -- content

There will be only one weapon, a grenade which can only roll down hills. This will please Campo Santo employee Clint Hawking, whom they have secretly hired away from Valve and will only be revealed in the end credits ala Kevin Spacey in Se7en.

I've noticed that the Thumbs rarely discuss their own games in-depth on the cast. I know it's a classy touch to not hype your own work but I am disappointed the Campo Santo game won't get a thorough critique on the cast. Are there any other podcasts that will give their game a good going-over?

Yeah speaking of, is there a formal Walking Dead or the Cave postmortem anywhere, preferably written by Thumbs? Super interested in hearing these guys talk about their games.

Yeah speaking of, is there a formal Walking Dead or the Cave postmortem anywhere, preferably written by Thumbs? Super interested in hearing these guys talk about their games.

I don't think there is much in the way of formal writeups, but...

I went through a huge binge of panels and such after I finished the Walking Dead, so I can tell you that outside Idle Thumbs there is a fairly big collection of Sean and Jake answering questions, talking about design and explaining their process (and also talking to Peter Moleyneux). Also possibly the first Tone Control has some good stuff. I particularly enjoy the

Steve also has a blog where he runs essays about the making of Gone Home, somewhere. Also Chris/Steve are both in the GH ingame dev commentary.

Nick Breckon doesn't speak of such things.

I tiny part of me hopes they make a terrible game just for how hilariously awkward it will get on this forum

A F2P game with a shitty story, awesome graphics, and nothing but QTEs. Ships with 10 pieces of DLC on day one. The QTEs are almost impossible, but you can pay to complete them.

Twitter articles like that are always so weird.. why not contact Camposanto or Chris and ask for some thoughts on his new job or something? Right now it's just.. "Something was posted on twitter. News!"

It's articles like that one which seem to blatantly hurt for a copy editor. This part in particular struck me as so oddly composed - "He served as editor in chief at both Shacknews and Gamasutra, the latter of which he became editor at large." 

Maybe I'm just a troll for better writing standards, but the whole "News!" thing is probably why I'd have trouble writing "news" for a site like Polygon.

As I clicked on this news article and the page begin to load I thought to myself "I bet I know which image they've used" and was instantly rewarded :)

That also pleased me, but the best picture would have been

Chris_remo_scowl.jpg

Oh right haha, I accidentally selected stuff before I started to use the snip tool, then never unselected. This very important detail needs to be recorded for posterity.

Mysterious concept art leaks after Chris has joined the studio...

post-26597-0-20897700-1391811558_thumb.jpg

I can't reveal my sources...

yeah I just painted over a screenshot, I was thinking about doing a Olmec -> Goldblum thing too but that would have been much more work for such a stupid thing.

Joking aside, Chris joining Campo Santo is great news, having discussed games for years with Jake & Sean it must be exciting to actually make one with them (+ other cool people).

Edited by atte