JonCole

Walking Dead, Mark of the Ninja, Bioshock 2, The Cave vets form Campo Santo

That would be a cool mod to make like the Patrick Kleppek sprite pack.

It would be even cooler if someone could load it into Remo's game without letting him know.

Twitter articles like that are always so weird.. why not contact Camposanto or Chris and ask for some thoughts on his new job or something? Right now it's just.. "Something was posted on twitter. News!"

This is a dumb thing for me to comment about but holy shit I wish they would. They never do! It would be a great chance for Jake or I to say WHY we're stoked to work with Chris, talk about the immense value he adds to everything, etc. Instead it's just a mix of bio and and old story. Bah.

I think this is the sort of thing press releases are great for.  You know at least half of the places that report on it will just copy the press release verbatim anyway.

So, Campo Santo's first game. I haven't listened to all the podcasts, so I don't have the freshest scoops, but I know Jake registered domains for it, which tells me they have a name, or at least enough of an idea to come up with a candidate name. Since you can't have a name without at least a concept or idea or plot or core mechanic, I'm speculating/hoping we'll hear an announcement – or something close to one – pretty soon, as in this year.

Have they said anything on the casts about it, or has anyone picked up hints or tips on social media, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn?

Sean has said that he has used Twine to prototype dialogue trees for the game, but I think that's it. 

Oh, and I guess the job listing tells us (hey, how long has that «Get Campo Updates» button been there?!) the game will feature

• 3D art
  • Audio
  • Possibly made in Unity?
  • Core interactions
  • A smooth experience
  • Ships
  • Shaders
  • Enthusiastic basic implementation
  • Culture

Fancy boys

Fancy boys

More fancy boys

If you want to speculate about announcements n stuff

They tweeted about sending out their first email update next week... Like 2 weeks ago, so I guess that's been put on the back burner. I'd assume the first email update would contain the name of the game with a link to a bare-bones website with some mysterious concept art n shit. So we can all speculate what it is and work ourselves up into a frenzy

I'd talk about the game, but I signed an NDA, so...

Oh, I can tell you guys one thing!

it's a game :grin:

I just hope ign.com gives them a nice review with great material for quotations. Something like "it's so badass that it will explode your dog", etc.

Wait, who at Campo Santo worked on Bioshock 2?

Will Armstrong is ex-2K Marin, so that's a pretty good bet.

Wait, who at Campo Santo worked on Bioshock 2?

Will Armstrong, our programmer, was a programmer on Bio 2. He worked on the player movement and weapon interactions among other things.

Will Armstrong currently hard at work on golf ball physics amirite!? huh huh. I've totally sussed it, they're making a golf game

Day of the dead golf

A mix between grim fandango and Mario golf