JonCole

Walking Dead, Mark of the Ninja, Bioshock 2, The Cave vets form Campo Santo

Within like 2 hours of receiving that newsletter, I decided that song needed music. I don't have the best software, so I couldn't make a proper shanty, only a midi-type punky pirate thing and the result is super dumb in a way I'm totally proud of.

In the annals of excellent first posts, this is right up there.

How many game studios that you know have that good of a theme song, especially before they even announce their first game.

Come to think of it, how many game studios have theme songs at all?

In the annals of excellent first posts, this is right up there.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a better first post.  Good job!  :tup: :tup: :tup:

Come to think of it, how many game studios have theme songs at all?

I remember reading about one. Was it Bullfrog or Sensible Software or similar..?

Thanks, guys!

It's a v. rough demo, cause I'm poor and can't afford actual instruments and what have you, so I'm glad everyone still seems to like it! Yous guys are too kind.

I'll post it in here

post-27841-0-80537100-1393793706_thumb.jpg

You know what I'm thinking...

Why play the most dangerous game? Why use the Hunger games as an analogy so often? Why are these ideas so prevalent in Sean's noggin? I think we're going to see people in extraordinary circumstances, pitted against each other. Post apocalyptic? Maybe. the last survivors. There is going to be some lord of the flies shit going down. The interactions between a small group of people, isolated, alone, up in the mountains.... At the Lookout.

Oh also, that's the name of the game. The Lookout

You've got to love a little wild speculation

You play as the last human being in the world decimated by advertising robots. You must scavenge billboards for building material, set up fortifications and defend yourself against "targeted advertising" by Big Dogs and Petmen long enough to finish your epitaph for humankind.

Also, awesome work Tylea002!

The Matrix

It's coming back in a big way, trust me

Enter the Matrix #LookOut. Neo ain't dead (sorry spoilers) he's just been kicking back at a mountain reserve these past 10 years

Who'd have thought it, Campo Santo, making a Golf game set in the Matrix universe

Thanks, you guys. I like Jake's face when it came up :) 

Will there be some sort of Obama dunk-off boss fight? Maybe a ghost? 

The way this sparse game information is being leaked through Diet Coda demos and DayZ streams makes this the weirdest ARG ever.

Campo Santo turns out to be a wholly owned yet secret subsidiary of Double Fine (notice the twin words that comprise their name; they mean the same thing in the lost language of Bethandír) and are making the true sequel to Psychonauts. The wilderness vibe proves it! Everything else is a ruse.

The way this sparse game information is being leaked through Diet Coda demos and DayZ streams makes this the weirdest ARG ever.

They've secretly been bought by Valve. Half Life 3 CONFIRMED.

Half Life 3 is a camping simulator where Gordon decides to say fuck society and goes to hide on a mountain. 

Half Life 3 is a camping simulator where Gordon decides to say fuck society and goes to hide on a mountain. 

that's simply not believable. Good try though.

If campo santo created any Half Life content it would be a talking mod for Gordon.