gdf

Life

I really don't understand people who wear their shoes indoors.

That's funny, I was just thinking about this! I don't understand how people can handle not wearing shoes all the time. I feel much more comfortable when I am shod and my feet are infinitely less cold.

That's funny, I was just thinking about this! I don't understand how people can handle not wearing shoes all the time. I feel much more comfortable when I am shod and my feet are infinitely less cold.

Oh good lord no, I'm barefoot as much as humanly possible. 

Socks and more socks are the solution to cold feet. They're not meant to be contained within coffins all day! Soft slippers are acceptable.

I accept that I'm the one that's going against the grain re: footwear, but I really like shoes. Sittin' around the house doing Sunday stuff fully shoe'd up.

I'm convinced she knows I've switched the rooms my computer desk is in and has thus moved her shoes-on pacing (and random loud thudding WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE DOING) to "accommodate" me.

I lived directly below a Chinese karaoke bar for a few months. You know that scene in Rush Hour (I forget which one) where Chris Tucker freaks out because the guy is completely slaughtering Michael Jackson?

Every. Night.

Almost got a new apartment nailed down, I think. I'm scared about moving to Halifax (and I still don't feel financially stable enough to go through with it), but I wanna do this.

Follow-up: so today's the day that I call about the apartment, but looking at my finances I'm not so sure about this. I don't think I can even afford the deposit right now.

The neighbour below us isn't too bad, except when she gets a new album and plays a track off it on repeat for an hour at a time until the bass line is burned into my ear canals.

The neighbours above are incredibly loud with everything they do. They stamp around, they hammer things, they yell conversations. The worst thing when we moved in was their twice-daily sex sessions. For half an hour we'd hear subtle squeaks, then there'd be 5 minutes of jackhammering, then a loud crash as they leap out of bed. This happened at 11pm and 7am every day, above our bedroom. At least we weren't getting woken up by it, though. That is until they started having sex at 4am. After that happened a couple of times, I had to write them a note revealing exactly how detailed a knowledge of their sex life we had and asking them to indulge in more considerate activities at 4 in the morning. Since then we haven't once heard them have sex again, at any hour.

Hahahahaha. Sex is one of those weird things because I've definitely heard my neighbours at it, but then I know I've been pretty loud with it at times so I kind of excuse it as part of adult life. Of course, there's a difference between that and it being every single day.

This is why you just can't live in apartments if you have kids.

I called about the apartment and they're gonna send me an application.

I hope I get in, but at the same time, I'm incredibly nervous about money stuff for this entire thing.

Ben, did you clock the jackhammering at 5 minutes?

I didn't get a stopwatch out or anything, but it was uniformly around that...

we live in a town house and still have to deal with neighbor noise.  I suspect they have their sound system against our opposite couch wall and there is a deep thundering bass that comes through.  Happens a lot during the week and weekends around 9pm

i dont even know what they are watching, sounds like Transformers.  My wife is going to write a letter, or start banging on the wall like a crazy...TBD

my wife and i put up a mock movie poster baby announcement today to our respective social media accounts.

post-33948-0-27507300-1427165320_thumb.jpg

its pretty nice seeing how many people "like" or comment, but certainly highlights the real dolts that are allowed to post to the world.  <15yrs ago their opinions would have been confined to bars and their likely dolt-y peers

fortunately there is "delete post" control

we live in a town house and still have to deal with neighbor noise.  I suspect they have their sound system against our opposite couch wall and there is a deep thundering bass that comes through.  Happens a lot during the week and weekends around 9pm

i dont even know what they are watching, sounds like Transformers.  My wife is going to write a letter, or start banging on the wall like a crazy...TBD

Our current townhouse was remodeled a few years ago and they put some pretty good sound dampening in the walls. We hear thumps occasionally, but not loud enough to bother me, I'm more concerned at times that the thumps are due to the volume of my TV, but then I turn the TV off and there's still thumping, so whatever I guess.

I would never live in an apartment complex ever again. I'm too worried about thumping too much on the floor that it disrupts my lower neighbors and am tired of hearing the bullshit from my upper neighbors. I can tolerate sharing a wall. 

I finished applying for the apartment. I don't think I'm going to get it, specifically because I don't have much of an income since I live on handouts and commissions.

I don't think I'm gonna make it.