gdf

Life

How is it?

For me, alright, we're going to Glasgow with some family friends for today and tomorrow, so should be an enjoyable wee diversion if nothing else :yep:

You?

Stressful as hell at the end of the semester, with the added pressure of preparing for an honours thesis next year. Still, after Wednesday, I'm off to California for a weekend of camping at an amazing music festival with the girlfriend. Basically, as long as I can finish 4 papers and a final exam in the next two days without dying, it'll be awesome.

Who's next?

I hear there's a cheat code involving substance abuse, but you may glitch out your game...

I threw my controller across the room in frustration when I was about a quarter of the way through and haven't picked it up again since. Does it get any better as you progress? I might have another bash at it if it does.

I heard the ending was shit though.

I was going to buy Rock Band 1&2 today and rock out tonight, but now I'm working late instead.

I WISH I WERE DEAD!!!!!

Life at moment: :tmeh::tup:

I started renting a studio with two other guys, because I'm fed up of making things my room (shared house). It's dirt cheap, huge, and excellent to not have to pack everything away and tidy up after working for a few hours. Having actual project space to learn things and make stuff is awesome, and being able to leave it out means I get into it faster and a lot more done.

Yesterday I got some furniture moved there, and now have somewhere to sleep if I get stuck in the city late and can't be bothered to schlep the 2 miles home (can shave half an hour off my morning commute too if I take an overnight bag). My bedroom has also become an extremely tidy place to relax, instead of having piles of half-built, half-learned things everywhere.

On the downside, my love life has been abysmal for the past year. While I like my friends, the groups I'm in are pretty static and I'm not meeting new people. When it comes to bar and club types here, I don't think I want to. Time for classes, or becoming more talkative, or something ¬¬

:tup: Glastonbury '09, and starting my full-time art course in September. Council tax being refunded.

:tmeh: Not having a job, most people I know who do have a job aren't enjoying it. Have sunburn even though it's only April.

:tdown: Though it was delayed for several months, soon one of my best friends will have to move away. I have no money. One of my cats is a douche.

:tdown: non existing love life.

:tdown: bored out of my skull sitting at home, alone.

:tup: I like my job.

I was going to buy Rock Band 1&2 today and rock out tonight, but now I'm working late instead.

I WISH I WERE DEAD!!!!!

Oh, but then I finished early, bought Rock Band 1 & 2, rocked out with my brother and sister then finished the evening with getting rectally reamed by rockets in GTA IV.

So, life is epic.

Kind of up and down - I don't have a job,:tdown: and yet have enough money to do cheap stuff. My mum's ill and there's been a lot of stress in that direction.:tdown: I've just had a lovely holiday in the lakes.:tup: I'm waiting on a job interview result.:gaming: I have a lovely girlfriend.:tup: My mum's ill.:tdown: I have a (booked and paid for) holiday in Canada to look forward to.:tup: I might not get that job, and there aren't many about. If I *did* it would be awesome,:tup: despite having to travel to [bloody] London every week. Summer is on it's way!:tup: I'm going camping at the weekend with friends to go kite boarding and walking.:tup: I'm going to a free festival in Devon (Llama) in the summer.:tup: My mum's ill.:tdown: Got a mate's wedding to look forward to.:tup: Got a weekend trip to Jersey to look forward to.:tup: My mum's ill.:tdown:

Lots of nice things happening, overshadowed by one horrible one. I'm sure there's a lot of people who have it worse, so I guess I'm lucky.

That's pretty poopy Scrobbs, I hope she gets better :sad:

For me, I had a great trip to Glasgow and our new couches arrived today. Of the two they're replacing, one of them was older than me and the other was bought more than a decade ago, so I suppose we were due an upgrade :yep:

Oh, and I got Uncharted, so have been playing that this morning and it's good fun. Got a bit of a cold and my History dissertation (not really a dissertation at only 4,000 words, but they call it that) to finish off and go through for Monday, but that's not really a big problem.

:clap:

Edited by gdf

She won't get better. It's Alzheimer's. :fart:

I'm trying to get a job with various companies at the moment - had to cast my net wider, and now looking at jobs in London. Soemthing I found out the other day though is that the dole office now refund you your travel costs to interviews, which is good.

I hate the clique type feeling I get at work between me and the older designers/artists/programmers where even though we all know and can discuss the same types of video games or artists, I somehow get the vibe that I should be quiet since I'm like 7 years younger than everyone, so what do I know?

Eh, whatever, I really shouldn't care since I'm trying to get together a new portfolio and trying to find a new job. Yet I get major anxiety imagining putting in my two weeks. Feel like I would let everyone down.

Also my mom may be cheating on my dad. Woohoo!

Good luck with the job hunt, not such a good year for it.

I finally got these bastards finished. It's been such a long, erratic and continually tweaked spare time project that when I got home after working on them all night and day yesterday, first words from my housemate were "You look like you got laid. And like it was a really good one".

Nice work! :tup:

Also, thanks to you I finally know what I am going to get myself for birthday present: I'm planning to buy Arduino Duemilanove, a couple of 8x8 LED matrices and some other stuff and play with them through the summer.

If only I had the time to figure out what I really need...

Cool! Also, sorry to hear about your mum, Scrobbs.

I just got back from 5 days in California last night, 3 of which were at the Coachella Music and Arts festival, so I'm feeling very happy, sorta sunburnt, and have a mile-long list of CDs I need to buy now. Highlights included Leonard Cohen getting the audience to sing several songs along with him (one of my favorite artists ever, and seeing him live completely made my life), Morissey stripping onstage (He's still pretty damn ripped for his age), Paul McCartney's tribute to Linda on the anniversary of her death (I cried a little), and Amanda Palmer crowd-surfing while playing Radiohead's "Creep" on a ukelele in a burlesque costume. Other landmark shows were the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, My Bloody Valentine, X, the Kills, the Mexican Institute of Sound, and countless others. Total overload of musical goodness. A fantastic weekend all around, made better by the fact that I made the trip with my girlfriend and two very good friends. The other three were all 20, so being 21 I was stuck on liquor duty, but at least one of us is legal down there. (Drinking age at home is 18) Sad it's over, but after 5 days of camping, goddamn did showering feel good this morning. Now I have to get back to reality and finish one more project for school by next Monday.

Also, the NHL playoffs started while I was gone, so I get to watch good hockey for a couple of months too!