gdf

Life

Ruining exceptions for everyone. Argh, I hate when people abuse favors. Sorry Miffy.

On my front, I'm nearly 3 weeks in to this job where I stuff envelopes. I really do only that for 8 hours a day, it's kind of nuts on how repetitive it is. I don't know how long I can last, even though the pay is fine enough for unskilled labor, I can listen to music and podcasts, and my schedule is the same every week. Everyone is super nice there, but I just still feel sad that I'm doing nothing with my life now, and there's really no engaging aspect of the job.

After a brief talk with BigJKO a few weeks ago I think I'm going to try to go back to school the second half of the year to do motion graphics instead, since it's still sort of animation. Maybe people will hire me then and I'll still sort of have a calling. Geez, almost 30 and my life is not figured out still. Boohoo, I guess. I never write anything positive in this thread. Maybe one of these days.

Sounds like the usual problem Miffy. When people ask for information they don't want to hear the facts. They want to be lied to or something. They world should always be presented like everything is hunky-dory.

So it looks like we were one day late securing the only rental that we've looked at that we've actually liked. Options are dwindling quickly. We're not exactly in emergency time yet or anything, but it's getting a little bit disheartening.

So it looks like we were one day late securing the only rental that we've looked at that we've actually liked. Options are dwindling quickly. We're not exactly in emergency time yet or anything, but it's getting a little bit disheartening.

Don't settle for less on housing, man. I'm one hasty decision away from being able to say I lived in a converted prison with a communal bathroom.

(it would have been my first. The Taxi driver talked me out of it on the ride from the place)

Yeah, we're not talking like the hell that I lived in when working on the Microsoft campus for peanuts as a contractor or anything. These are all fairly decent places, but only one thing in our price range has been a good fit. Unfortunately, it was the first thing we looked at and we didn't realize how good it was until someone else already had an application in. We were trying to avoid an apartment, but it might be better to take an apartment right in the location we want to be rather than get the town house/real house we want but way off the beaten path.

WHO WAKES ME FROM MY TORPOR?

Is this just today or has it been going on for a while?

Torpor? It's employee shorthand for a certain science fiction publisher's web database. Rodi has been logged in for five years straight after a misinterpreted Valve ARG led him there.

Happy Pi Day.  Go have some pie today.

NO!

Bad person.

I hardly need a day to allow me to eat pie.

...I'm going to go eat pie, not because you told me to, but because I am a free man who can eat what I want.

If you follow a variation of the little endian calendar standard (DD-MM-YY) then it's been pie month for a good two weeks now. Get eating!

...half a cherry pie later, asserting my individuality and dominance to people online that I have never met seems like an increasingly terrible idea.

I've always pronounced it Pee so I have no idea why you are talking about Pie.

Torpor? It's employee shorthand for a certain science fiction publisher's web database. Rodi has been logged in for five years straight after a misinterpreted Valve ARG led him there.

Surely torpor is the thing draculas enter into when they're exhausted.

If you write the date MM.YY.DD (who the fuck does that, but whatever), tomorrow is 03.14.15. Just sayin'.

It isn't the 22nd of July, though.