gdf

Life

I have a pile of Christmas gifts gradually piling around my tiny tree.

eeeeeeeeee

OuO

I have an empty pile of gifts. (But I hate when people buy me Christmas gifts so that basically makes this the best pile of gifts ever.)

I have a couple of gifts under a, like, 2-foot tall plastic tree my sister bought.

Tomorrow my sister and I are having an early Christmas, because I have to stay here for work, but my sister will be going back to our hometown for Christmas to spend it with family. So we're opening our presents to each other tomorrow. I'm a little excited.

I spread tinsel all over my sitting room before the Christmas party. Now I'm drunk.

I had an ex to visit, with whom I've always had a close and happy relationship, but for the first time in almost a decade of knowing each other, our time together was a nonstarter of confused and/or absent emotions. Now my self-esteem's in the toilet and I fly out in twelve hours to go home and be a zombie while I work it all out.

I've begun to have a nasty string of these incidents around the holidays. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Does anyone know what they are doing wrong?

The loss inherent within change is always difficult for me too. Everytime something changes, I can't go back. I can tell you that buying a cup of coffee and finding a place to watch a building be torn down for an hour or two tends to help me accept loss.

Play some prucussion instruments. I started with a brass band the day after I got told i was being laid off from my first job. They always want me to play louder - I do my best to obliege.

Speaking of percussion instruments! I just got back together with a couple of guys I was trying to start a band with earlier this year and it was the most fun I've had jamming in ages. I took my drumset over to the guitarist's place and the room we're using to practice has totally different acoustics to the room I usually play it in, it made my drums sound really tight and punchy and just made me super excited about playing. If anyone's played an instrument for any length of time and then suddenly you make it sound better somehow, or you get a new cymbal/effects pedal/whatever, or you play a better sounding one or something, you probably know how satisfying that feeling is, and how it makes you want to play better in turn. Not to mention the guitarist came up with a really cool riff with a weird off-kilter rhythm that challenged me to be creative with how I played, which was loads of fun. Just a really cool session that's left me feeling very creatively charged.

Sorry if this is too upbeat after all the downer posts. Rest assured my life is in the toilet outside of this one experience. :tup:

Sorry if this is too upbeat after all the downer posts. Rest assured my life is in the toilet outside of this one experience. :tup:

A sparkle in a sea of sadness. 

merlin_smoking_his_pipe_gif_1550979102.g

As for me, just very bored. I have so many multiplayer games and no one wants to play. Really waiting for Christmas to come by for some cheer with the family. But until then...

*stares longingly at Steam Library, not knowing what to play*  :violin:

now go out and spend it all on candy, just like you promised yourself when you were a kid

Rating of this week:

:tdown: Lost my iPad at a pub. I'm pretty sure which one I left it at (in a bag), and we left at closing time. In the morning they told me they didn't find it there. From now on not bringing any such things to pubs.

:tup: Fixed my iPhone. I dropped it again, having had a half-functional touch-screen for months after replacing broken glass/digitizer. Now the touch-screen didn't function at all any more (this was right in the morning while I tried to find my lost iPad so I was feeling pretty down). Turned out it was only a loose connector all this time and I just had to reconnect it. Now touch-screen works perfectly.

:tup: Free Internet speed upgrade. up/down 50/50Mbps yay! This is locally, but even with a UK server I measured 45Mbps down and 27Mbps up.

:tup: Been enjoying playing games with my new projector screen.

After five long years of near-daily use, I finally need to replace my headphones.

4bNEECB.jpg

The left cup was falling off, but it was the right cup that stopped working last night. May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. *salute*

...Too bad I can't afford a new pair.  :getmecoat

my cat has gone missing back home, and i am in england, where i can't do anything about it. he is really easily freaked out and will be basically impossible for anyone but me to catch. i have failed in my responsibilities

my cat has gone missing back home, and i am in england, where i can't do anything about it. he is really easily freaked out and will be basically impossible for anyone but me to catch. i have failed in my responsibilities

Oh no, I hope someone finds him. You try posting flyers on stuff?

Oh no, I hope someone finds him. You try posting flyers on stuff?

They would take a week to reach oz.

Welp, off to Poland to chill with the inlaws. I'll probably be dicking around on my laptop more rather than less while there, haha.

So, yeah... southern Ontario has been hit pretty hard by that eternal asshole Jack Frost... seriously, everything is coated in ice right now. Portions of Toronto still don't have power (and I've been hearing that lots of people probably won't get power back until this weekend...)

Power was out at my place most of yesterday. And today something happened to the water pipes downtown, so I had to be at work while there was no running water (and thus no working toilets... after eating a fair amount of spicy food last night it was like hell...)

Have fun in Poland! Eat some borsjt and visit Ljubljana!

Barszcz eaten; Lublin is not in the neighbourhood. All's well :)

Is Rob Ford still refusing to declare an emergency, because it would remove the last scrap of power he has?

Scott and I are visiting the in-laws for Christmas.  It's nice here;  there is a fire and a cat and nuts.  I'm not looking forwards to tomorrow, though, because there will be extended family members attending who are close to death and/or losing their faculties, and those things are huge "make me super depressed super quickly" issues.  

Still, it's Christmas, etc etc.  I'm going to medicate myself heavily and try to keep a fake smile on my face.

I finally cleaned my bathroom sink after staring at it in horror for months.