gdf

Life

It's a reference to batman! Of the Adam west variety. That would make a goddamn excellent t-shirt. Would probably sell better than a print as well.

Wonderful work tegan!

My New Year's resolution is to sort out my life. Would love more time to draw and maybe make a game (I've made stuff with Unity before, but have always felt I'd pour a lot of energy into it and then there'd be no reaction).

i keep thing it is Mad Magazine or Hairspray or something though. I'm so confused.

Edit: It is extra awesome still.

I made a secret (ok, I told one friend) promise to myself to quit smoking and I've been without a cigarette or other form of nicotine for 2 days now. Wohoo! This is a seriously life-altering decision.

Gratz!  It's been 48 days since I quit smoking.

I switched to an e-cig and I'm down to 6mg nicotine juice.  My smoking was apparently situational, especially smoking while driving.

I switched to an e-cig and I'm down to 6mg nicotine juice.  My smoking was apparently situational, especially smoking while driving.

Gratz to you as well! I know I can't handle quitting while using another form of nicotine, so I had to go all or nothing.

B)Congratulations! B)

q6rwI8e.jpg

How you doing, Erkki?  Stay strong, one day at a time!  :)

Good so far. I already feel like I'm rid of it.

Don't do the thing where you reward yourself with a cigarette. It's scary how hard and well an addicted brain will work against you – constanlty presenting reasonable-sounding ideas to get you back on the habit. «I've made it a whole day/week/year – I'll celebrate with just one» or «I feel confident I've kicked the addiction, but let's just double-check by doing just one» etc. It's like omg brain you're supposed to be on my side!

It's been snowing here and the roads are pretty bad right now.  I did some sliding around yesterday and today and almost didn't make it up the driveway last night.  It's made me really appreciate having a garage now.

Congrats Erkki and subbes :)

A few of my friends have switched to e-cigs, which seem to work well for them.

It looks like you're puffing on a robot dong, but I only really use it when I'm driving or at home so the looks don't bother me.

The ones that imitate cigarettes, like the Blu, are shit.  If you're looking to switch from cigarettes to an e-cig, don't get a Blu or something else that looks like a cig;  get a proper eGo.  You can always PM me for suggestions.  (Lawyer-y fine print:  electronic cigarettes are not a smoking cessation device. Nicotine is harmful. Etc.)

I'm glad that it is working for you Subbes.

For me, a big part of my addiction was the oral-fixation. My solution was to carry water around with me everywhere I went and take sips as if I was taking drags.

I still drink water constantly. My pee is rarely yellow.

Don't do the thing where you reward yourself with a cigarette. It's scary how hard and well an addicted brain will work against you – constanlty presenting reasonable-sounding ideas to get you back on the habit. «I've made it a whole day/week/year – I'll celebrate with just one» or «I feel confident I've kicked the addiction, but let's just double-check by doing just one» etc. It's like omg brain you're supposed to be on my side!

Yeah, I know. I actually once quit for 2 years, and then a friend offered me Swedish snus and I decided to prove to myself that I wouldn't get addicted to that, or that's about how it went. I will try to avoid that this time :)

Just got done with a job interview.  For the first time ever, I was the one doing the interviewing.

I have no idea whether this person would be a good fit or not, I don't think I'm a good judge of that sort of thing :/

I did not ask the "in 5 years" or "why do you want this job" questions.

Did you ask the "you're stranded on a lonely island with nothing more than the clothes on your back and some random stuff like a basketball, what will you do?" question?