gdf

Life

I avoided this kind of problem by letting my a driver's license expire a couple years ago.

I should really get that back at some point...

I'm not sure it will be much help deciding what to do next time. I'd hate for you to get a maximum sentence for a crime you didn't commit, but here is a better link anyway:
http://video.pbs.org/video/2216784391/

In related news, my brother in law served on a jury that gave dude a year in prison for stealing a pair of shoes from a thrift-store; a jury trial. 

I'm not sure it will be much help deciding what to do next time. I'd hate for you to get a maximum sentence for a crime you didn't commit, but here is a better link anyway:

In related news, my brother in law served on a jury that gave dude a year in prison for stealing a pair of shoes from a thrift-store; a jury trial. 

Was the defendant's name Stanley Yelnats?

I presume they didn't come up with the sentencing did they? They found him guilty of theft and the judge sentenced?

Was the defendant's name Stanley Yelnats?

I don't know the answer to either of these questions. I can ask.

I'll save you the trouble on mine, it was a reference to the book (and later Disney movie) "Holes", in which the main character, Stanley Yelnats, is accused of stealing a pair of sneakers that were meant for a charity (or something like that, its been a while since I read the book) when, in actual fact, they fell from the sky. (He then has to spend time at a camp in the desert that is basically a juvenile detention facility, where they spend all day digging holes five feet wide and five feet deep. It's a really good book, I highly recommend it.)

What an awesome system. They can improve it even more, they should bill the people for their stay in prison when they take the plea.

What an awesome system. They can improve it even more, they should bill the people for their stay in prison when they take the plea.

You jest.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/nov/20/local/la-me-inmate-fees-20111120

The mentalility of many people here is that prison is a priviledge that prisoners are exploiting. I get so frustrated when people say things like "Did you hear they get Playstations? They get free everything; medical care, food, a warm bed." Whenever I hear someone say that, I consider framing them.

Holy crap. So once you've payed for your crime... you will have to pay for your payment of your crime. (assuming you actually committed the crime you did time for)

There's only a few hours left of the Year of Luigi!

Oh no there isn't.

It's THE FUTURE here on the Atlantic Time Zone!

Bubble domes on everything!

Rocket cars!

Rocket dogs!

Bitcoins!

Down with pants in 2014! You don't need them for the victory dance.

What is the batman a reference to? I know i should know it.

Also, tegan, you must post every day here now. The thumbs are watching.