gdf

Life

Get ready to find out how much of a stick-in-the-mud I am:

My sister is on a trip with her kids and she wants me to move the elf. I'm going to do it without protest, but I feel like this is against my ethics. I want no part in the Santa-lie.

Just put it somewhere hilarious. Suspended by one leg by rope over the toilet and alongside a letter from the Grinch. Also, steal all their sweets for added effect.

I'll dress him in a black trench-coat and sunglasses, sit him in a leather chair, put a red jellybean in one hand, a blue of in the other and a note that says "What if I told you, that Santa isn't real?"

Just kidding, I'd get in more trouble for that than for telling them that Hell is a harmful fiction.

I have him holding the pile of mail that I've been bringing in. It's barely subversive, but there is an opportunity for cognitive-dissonance there (I suppose the same could be said for the entire myth). Plausable deniability is the #1 priority for disingenious cowards like myself.

A couple of days ago I bought a new harness set for my climbing, I have not been that excited or chuffed in a very very long time. That day I went Christmas shopping, ended up buying a new harness and a new watch which I am going to pick up today :D

I have a hard time with Christmas, but I'm trying to get back into the spirit this year. I got me a (tiny, fake) tree!

qtrraoP.png

We too have a pretend plastic self-assembly tree shaped ornament somewhere, or once did, but may have jettisoned it through moving at one point or another.

Purchasing it was a reluctant admission that my plans for a bonsai Christmas tree were unlikely to come to pass.

Now I'm looking for a bonsai Christmas tree forum smiley and am a bit surprised that there isn't one.

It's sad but I don't think that streets decorations like that awesome dinosaur would last any time in the UK someone would probably just kicked them down or something.

I grew up with plastic trees being the norm. Think it wasn't until a few years ago my parents ditched their old faithful fake tree and started buying 'real' ones.

I think it depends what kind of area you're in. Where I used to live there was a house down the road that went way over the top with decorations every year, with scallies living not too far away, and they never seemed to be destroyed.

What the heck is 'moving the elf'?  It sounds like an euphemism for pooping.

...that one's going on the list.

It's sad but I don't think that streets decorations like that awesome dinosaur would last any time in the UK someone would probably just kicked them down or something.

I grew up with plastic trees being the norm. Think it wasn't until a few years ago my parents ditched their old faithful fake tree and started buying 'real' ones.

Concerning Christmas decorations, most hooligans in Texas seem to be content with leaving the light up deer mounting another deer. I have sadly been involved in such shenanigans once.

Thing is we only have one T-Rex, so he's just going to have to get himself off with those tiny arms.

Concerning Christmas decorations, most hooligans in Texas seem to be content with leaving the light up deer mounting another deer. I have sadly been involved in such shenanigans once.

Thing is we only have one T-Rex, so he's just going to have to get himself off with those tiny arms.

...or you might wake up one day with a neighbor's light up deer mounting him.

That together with "poopsock" gives a different meaning to xmas

What the heck is 'moving the elf'? It sounds like an euphemism for pooping.

There's this little elf with a face that is a missing-link between kewpie-dolls and Charlie McCarthy; popularly referred to as "elf-on-a-shelf". It's basically another Christmas-hoax to play on children. Parents move it around the house and put in places where it looks like it is peeking out and such. Then they swear that the thing is animate and mobile when no one is looking. Turns out kids are super stupid (or far too trusting) so this gives them a sense of wonderment.

I tried adding "moving the elf" to the urban dictionary, but I failed

I tried adding "moving the elf" to the urban dictionary, but I failed

What was the definition you gave for it?

Also, I found this oddity.

I have never actually heard 99% of urban dictionary's content actually used outside of urban dictionary.

Also, having Googled "elf-on-a-shelf," if I were a kid and thought that that thing was alive, I would probably freak out and go at it with a pair of scissors or something.