Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

What is your podcast?

I was hesitant to bring it up specifically in case it's something that's better reserved for the "Plug your Shit" topic, but since you asked: it's a monthly / bi-monthly gaming-book-club style deal called Shots Fired -- my friends and I have been doing it lately as a way to play more games together, get good discussion going, and just have fun with it. We've been focusing mostly on indie or retro games to keep the cost approachable, so we've done stuff like Papers Please, Hotline Miami 1 and 2 (double feature last month), Symphony of the Night, Gone Home, Shovel Knight, etc. -- our latest episode was on Ori and the Blind Forest. Here's the set on SoundCloud if you're interested in checking it out: https://soundcloud.com/lazybit-collective/sets/shots-fired. Also on iTunes and yadda yadda if you prefer it that way.

Can you put up the itunes link, I can't find it through the search.

Oh yeah, sorry about that. I forgot that it's technically listed under Lazybit Collective on iTunes. We had some other show concepts that were kicking around at some point, and they were all set up under a single feed. Shots Fired is the only one that's been going on a regular basis, though. Here's the iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/lazybit-collective/id897304426?mt=2

Hello! (Pardon the facelessness for the moment.) 

Um...I am a person, a human being in fact. o__o It has been a while since I existed in forum space and I have forgotten how communication works. 

I used to tank hundreds of hours into free MMOs but have recently started tanking hours into a variety of games instead. It is refreshing to not kid oneself and take one's hobbies seriously. 

Hi. I am not a robot. I promise.

Games I've been playing a lot of lately (mostly baby games for babies that only babies play, but not robots)

Heroes of the Storm

Hearthstone

War Thunder

Star Realms

I was also playing a lot of the new Unreal Tournament but I haven't touched it in a few weeks. I should play that again.

Add me on Steam or Battle.net if you like.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpekX/

SpekX #1269

Hello. My name is Liz. I'm a designer and artist of many media and the biggest media soak I know. I just recently caught up on every episode of the idle thumbs podcast, and it was a sad day. I currently do web based stuff, and Twine games because that's what I know how to do, and also social media/marketing/graphic design because that's also what I know how to do. I hope to create more  things in the future. I'm planning on learning Unity and making more games.

You can follow me on twitter.

@ampsvoltswatts

Hi there, I'm not a forum person really, but I like the mood and topic of this place so I might pop in for a question or two.

Hi everyone!

My name is Shake and I've been listening to Idle Thumbs and the other podcasts on the network for around 3 years. Currently working through the backlog of episodes from before I started listening each week, nearly there!

I'm a solo game developer working in Unity on an as-yet unannounced project. I'm an avid PC gamer, particularly of Team Fortress 2 and assorted co-op games.

Thanks to all the Thumbs for keeping me entertained for so many hours, long may it continue!

Hey folks, been meaning to register after I heard about the wizard jam and say hi since you guys have such a friendly sounding audio show, been listening off and on for a few years. Yall also sound like such nice people that you'd drive away all the real party poopers. I have a responsible adult type tech job managing some web and server based projects along with some audio production, been poking around game dev stuff lately too.

Recently playing a lot of Hearthstone, Cities Skylines, Diablo, and generally trying out whatever sounds neat. As far as gaming parents stories go, my 70 yo dad really likes the 1999 Freelancer game.

Hi! I'm a fan and figured I'd add my thumbs to what must look like a heartily mutated hand by this point. I think H.P Lovecraft would be proud  :tup: . Hearing the forums mentioned frequently I decided to drop in and register while I meander about. I also added a bunch of folks to Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/looseteeth/) from the forums willy-nilly. I promise I won't bug you for hats.

Hi!  Been listening to the podcast for a long time and decided to join the mythical forum community.  The threads I've read so far are great! Truly, Idlethumbs.net/forums is paved with gold.

I got linked here, posting to remind myself to change my Gravatar. Really nice reads in parts of the forum, and really pleasant atmosphere. Something I've missed in my more historic gaming haunts, of late!

I'm a software guy, and I dabble in games dev. on the side. Looking forward to lots of inane debate :D

Hey everyone, I've been lurking and listening to the podcast for a while and decided to stop in and say 'Hi'. People seem to be pretty cool on this board and not the type I usually think of as 'video game people'. I apologize in advance if that raises anyone's ire but the majority of my exposure to other people who are involved with games has been the proto-GGers I grew up with so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi! Korlinr here! been listening to the show for a while and I've heard such cool stuff about the Idle Forums that I needed to be a part of it! 

Hi, I'm Luke, I make games. I'm just getting into the podcast and I really enjoy it. Good work everyone!

Hi everyone!

Listener Reader from Germany here. Been listening to Idle Thumbs for a couple of years now, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Made me see some games differently and think about some favorites in new and interesting ways, which I think is really cool. I'm at the age when I have to actively make time for my hobbies, so very happy to be able to listen read a cast in my ears on the way home and share the Thumbs' enthusiasm for gaming ^_^

Started my gaming on an Amiga 500 and mostly been a PC gamer ever since. I do own a couple of consoles as well at this point, but so far can see little incentive for getting a current gen one (though Bloodborne might change that at some point). Favorite games I can think of: System Shock 2, Quake, Deus Ex. Farcry 2, obviously (try the "realistic" damage mod and the enemy-announcing music turned off!).

Some weeks ago my gaming PC imploded, which made me revisit some older games that I used to enjoy and give them another spin. I got into the habit of saving some memorable moments from the games I'm playing, so here's some blasts from the past for your enjoyment:

Rainbow Six Rogue Spear: http://i.imgur.com/HmcZBq2.jpg

Comanche Gold: http://imgur.com/a/Iv3u9#0

The Longest Journey: http://i.imgur.com/xR4eT9v.jpg

Looking forward to maybe meeting some like-minded people. Game on my friends :yep:

Hi all!

First time posting here as a fairly new fan of Idle Thumbs and its community. I stumbled across the podcast when I took up a two-days-a-week filing job at my old place of work and needed something interesting to pass the time, and Idle Thumbs certainly delivered!

I love the funny, thoughtful discussions about video games (and the random tangents) and it seems as though the community mirrors the content. Looking forward to spending my time here and meeting cool people. :)