Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

This was a fresh vegan brownie from Whole Foods.  Despite being fresh, it was dry and tasteless and the crumb texture was offputting.

Was it made from fresh vegans?

Was it made from fresh vegans?

It's so hard to get fresh vegans in the middle of winter.

Yes, you don't want to end up like that one guy who didn't heed our warnings and went ahead to read every post by Zeus in this thread. We haven't heard from him since.

This constant ice blasting has made ME pretty testy.

I read that as "tasty" and thought you were offering yourself up to be made into a delicious vegan treat.

So we're just going to completely skip over what Zeus said? Alright. Just checking.

Do you want to discuss people eating their own feces? Because I'll talk about it. I'll do, I swear!

So I feel like, if you were to eat your own poop, wouldn't it taste better to you than other people's poop? I mean, its all stuff you already ate (which, presumably, you liked to eat, otherwise you wouldn't have eaten it?) whereas the other person's could contain anything. Even their own poop. And wouldn't that just be gross?

So we're just going to completely skip over what Zeus said? Alright. Just checking.

It was a rhetorical post. Please, for the sake of everyone else here don't egg me on.

Edit: Goddamn Ucantalas, that is some superb one-upsmanship. I'll just say you win and leave it at that.

I've been curious what the Soiler tag does. The description just says that it "soils" things. This seems like an appropriate thread to try it in.

Do you want to discuss people eating their own feces? Because I'll talk about it. I'll do, I swear!

So I feel like, if you were to eat your own poop, wouldn't it taste better to you than other people's poop? I mean, its all stuff you already ate (which, presumably, you liked to eat, otherwise you wouldn't have eaten it?) whereas the other person's could contain anything. Even their own poop. And wouldn't that just be gross?

Mm yes fascinating.

I JUST THOUGHT OF THE BEST IDEA FOR AN INDIE GAME PARODY TITLE

BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET ANY MILEAGE OUT OF IT

Burgers: A Tale of Two Buns

I JUST THOUGHT OF THE BEST IDEA FOR AN INDIE GAME PARODY TITLE

BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET ANY MILEAGE OUT OF IT

Burgers: A Tale of Two Buns

Somewhere, out in the darkness, an ancient evil awakens...

burger-king.jpg

HE IS A BENEVOLENT AND MERCIFUL KING WHO SAVED US FROM THE TYRRANICAL RULE OF THE MAD CLOWN! YOU WILL TREAT HIM WITH RESPECT!

What the fuck does "swag" mean exactly? I am finding myself increasingly annoyed every time I hear that stupid term. "Oh, I backed a game on kickstarter and I got some sweet swag." So someone hocked a tuberculosis riddled loogie in a bag and gave it to you as a gift for backing their game? Sounds like a perfect reward for contributing funds to a game.

I, for one, don't ever want a swag bag unless it was some kind of reward straight from Dr. Seuss.

It kind of reminds me of when people started referring to everyone else as "dog". It was so strange to see a term that would have previously been considered derogatory become a term of endearment in such a short period of time. I wonder if we will eventually go through a phase where we all just call each other "fucker".

I love linguistic re-appropriation. It makes one realize that the cool kids are typically those referred to with pejoratives. I'm psyched about being a hipster because it's just our time's version of beats.

According to the Online Etymology Dictionary

swag (n):

Colloquial sense of "promotional material" (from recording companies, etc.) was in use by 2001; swag was English criminal's slang for "quantity of stolen property, loot" from c.1839. This might be related to earlier senses of "round bag" (c.1300) and "big, blustering fellow" (1580s), which may represent separate borrowings from the Scandinavian source. "The primary meaning was 'a bulging bag'" [Klein].

None of this changes the fact that it's a stupid word and I hate it. At least I'm a little more educated now so there's that.

I feel there are numerous words that are given bad raps due to the traditional use in our culture (ie; Epic & Awesome). I suppose Swag isn't all that awful, and could potentially serve a decent use in our language (outside of that whole Justin Beiber thing).