Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

I was at work today and saw someone wearing a GiantBomb hoodie.

...there's nothing else to add to that, just something I noticed.

I'm staying at a motor camp to visit someone. There are a ton of people here on vacation or whatever. Today as I was walking across the camp grounds I heard a speaker bark out "YOU'RE LISTENING TO GIANT BOMB" and then instantly fade away before I could locate it. Pretty sure it was Ryan's voice too.

I had an Amazon.com package sent through two day shipping and it "arrived" after two days. If I typed in the tracking number on the FedEx website it says it was delivered. There was no package. About 3 days later FedEx dropped it off at my front door. So I don't really know what happened there, but I'm glad I got my stuff - for a while I just assumed it had been stolen.

Unscrupulous FedEx and UPS workers will sometimes scan all their items as delivered when the truck is loaded, rather than scanning them as they deliever them, in order to make their times look better. Sounds like someone did that, then the package fell behind the seat or something.

Well, it has finally happened. I was going through some student CVs:

"Management Skills: Guild Leader in a popular MMO".

I actually think if you can prove your guild was actually successful and more importantly solid, that's a pretty good example of your skills, heh.

I don't know what MMO. it says up to 20 people managed. A wow raid is 25 or ten. If he has raided more Wow than me i hate him, also want in his guild.

I wish that there were more real instances of unidentified sea creatures being caught on film or washing up on beaches, and not just hoaxes or partially decomposed oarfish and stuff.

My favourite one is this video of a Mangapinna squid.

I wish that there were more real instances of unidentified sea creatures being caught on film or washing up on beaches, and not just hoaxes or partially decomposed oarfish and stuff.

Looking up what an oarfish is taught me that the thought of fish that don't just look like trout or salmon makes me deeply uncomfortable.

Speaking of deeply uncomfortable, it saddens me to no end that one of my favorite fictional characters is being used as the pseudonym for a prolific and hateful anti-Islam blogger. Granted, that character is a self-deluding and irredeemable mass-murderer, so I don't know exactly why the blogger chose it for their persona, but still.

Why every time i eat popcorn i forget there will be consequences. Poopy consequences:(

Popcorn is awesome and y'all are crazy.

I wish I could find one of those big metal drums with three kinds of popcorn that they sell around Christmas time. I haven't had one of those in years.

Popcorn is awesome and y'all are crazy.

I wish I could find one of those big metal drums with three kinds of popcorn that they sell around Christmas time. I haven't had one of those in years.

I haven't had one of those big metal drums of popcorn since I was a kid... the last one we got, after the popcorn was gone, became the trashcan for my bedroom growing up. Where do you even find those things? I haven't seen them anywhere... on the other hand, I haven't looked too hard because I forgot all about them.

Also, in an unrelated random thought... I wish people would just... understand their cellphone agreements and bills. But at the same time, I wish the entire system wasn't so incredibly complicated and weird. I hate both sides of these arguments.

Boy scouts sometimes sell those popcorn drums, so get to know some boyscouts or parents of scouts.

p.s. snype

After reading the scratchware manifesto for the first time and then looking around for writings by Greg Costikyan (who doesn't have a twitter account), I started trying to find out what Patrick Dugan is currently working on. His homepage has turned into a spam-blog about the prices of KIa vehicles and after a tweet in July about how his Facebook account got hacked, his twitter account seems to have an unhealthy interest in bit-coin.

This was the first time I realized that when you die on the internet, the spam-bot mycelium grows over your avatars to return it to the cyber.

What are these popcorn drums?

Also, i read my hyperbole and a half book. Quality. i especually loved the hot sauce story. Next up, dotter of her father's eyes.

What are these popcorn drums?

Also, i read my hyperbole and a half book. Quality. i especually loved the hot sauce story. Next up, dotter of her father's eyes.

Big tins filled with different flavored popcorn

Big tins filled with different flavored popcorn

Also colloquially referred to as joy.