Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

I love the Venus of Willendorf; so fertile. You must not be in the UK, I heard they block that shit now.

That metric is terrible, and you should try to stop using it.

What metric isn't?

And even so, if a metric is terrible it's no reason to now use it. You simply should not believe in it.

I think those young-uns are not better than I am

In a couple of years, people born in the Distant Future (The Year 2000) will be allowed to drive.

That's a great reference. You are great.

But yeah, I can really relate to that feeling. I still see people born in the early 90's as the "small kids" even though they're over 20 now :P

I just realized that if the Thumbs stay on schedule, the next episode will be a Christmas special and the one after that will be a New Year's special.

If the character of Superman was created today, what job would Clark have?  I don't think newspaper reporter is plausible anymore.  I'm not even sure he'd have a job, maybe he'd just be some guy on Twitter or a blogger.  I bet his YouTube channel would be popular.

I'm at a coffee shop waiting for the men's room to open up so that I can wash my hands. The women's room is free. I totally would go in there to wash my hands, but I would feel uncomfortable for the remaining time in the coffee-shop.

Use those video game skills you've been building up over years to surreptitiously strafe into the ladies' room, wash your hands and ninja your way out. This is what you've been training for!

I think I'm going with "e" as my default gender-neutral singular pronoun. It sounds better to me than "they", which I typically use for plural.

I'm trying to write a story where the main character's gender is not relevant and this has been a constant struggle.

I would make a better minor character than a villain or hero.

I'd probably be a quest-giver if life was an MMO. ...maybe just a random NPC.

"Press B to Jump!"

I would make a better minor character than a villain or hero.

I'd probably be a quest-giver if life was an MMO. ...maybe just a random NPC.

"Press B to Jump!"

"There are many guards in the castle."

I think I'm going with "e" as my default gender-neutral singular pronoun. It sounds better to me than "they", which I typically use for plural.

I'm trying to write a story where the main character's gender is not relevant and this has been a constant struggle.

A quick browse of Tumblr will reveal upwards of 999 gender-neutral pronouns you can use.  Of those pronouns, 998 of them are used by people who are annoying, over-sensitive, crazy or some combination of all three, so have fin finding the correct one!  

Tyce laid into the coffin they were provided with. Tyce tried to relax, but how could they. Tyce pressed the button.

To me, using "they" makes the tone sound more impersonal. I would think that using their name would have the same 3rd-person effect as "they", but it doesn't feel like it does. I suspect that the reason is that I never hear anyone refer to someone else as "they" when they are in the room.

Tyce laid into the coffin e was provided with. Tyce tried to relax, but how could e. Tyce pressed the button.