Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

I saw recently that the church is now giving people years off purgatory for following the pope on twitter.  Fascinating.

Wait what. You're making the joke, right?

So yeah, either you may need to get over some hangups, or they need to work on getting over some bad hygiene habits. It really depends if that statement breaks down to "she has leg hair and EEEEEEEW!" or "Man, she hasn't bathed for a week. Is that normal?"

Man, I went to a hippie liberal arts college, I'm fine with body hair. TMI, but it's more like, "The parts that make stink tend to stink a lot more than usual." I brought it up and she plain didn't believe me. I'm retreating and regrouping, for now.

It's sort of a joke by nature, but no it's real.

haha :tup:

Now if the tax man would do the same it would be awesome.

Man, so many topics with bold text now. I feel like I'll never catch back up. Oh well, gives me lots of reading material.

Trying to make art about personal things that happened to you but also happened to someone else is really tricky. It's hard to know how much detail you can ethically share, and how they will react to your interpretation of events.

In this case, I am talking about my break-up and the TWINE game I'm writing about it. I thought it'd be a useful exercise (and a more interesting story) to make the game from her perspective rather than mine, where you look back at the significant events of a relationship and try to figure out where it went wrong, but now I'm wondering how real I can really make it without just revealing too much for her to be comfortable with. And the fact that we are not talking makes it hard to really know how she'd feel about it.

Trying to make art about personal things that happened to you but also happened to someone else is really tricky. It's hard to know how much detail you can ethically share, and how they will react to your interpretation of events.

In this case, I am talking about my break-up and the TWINE game I'm writing about it. I thought it'd be a useful exercise (and a more interesting story) to make the game from her perspective rather than mine, where you look back at the significant events of a relationship and try to figure out where it went wrong, but now I'm wondering how real I can really make it without just revealing too much for her to be comfortable with. And the fact that we are not talking makes it hard to really know how she'd feel about it.

Making it and distributing it are two separate actions. My vote is for you to make it if it is cathartic, just don't publish it. Not until you are comfortable doing so anyway.

Obviously, you won't be able to accurately present her side, but that's not really the point is it? Seems like you are just trying to consider what her side may be. I think the thing that pisses people off when making art about personal things that happened (well, besides a breach of privacy) is that they don't like people to assume things about them. I don't see how you can avoid assuming things about her in this scenario, but it is possible that she may at some point be willing to see this creation of yours in order to try to understand what you think she thinks. It's nice that you seem willing to be proven foolish.

I just realized that nursing homes are going to turn into giant LAN parties about 30 years from now.

ffs clyde.

a heart monitor is not a video game console

If you made an omelet and forgot to include eggs, you would make a stir fry.

i haven't checked the forums in a month and everything is very confusing

maybe

i don't know

can you repeat the question?

You're not the boss of me now

And you're not so big

My friends that I play online with likened me to Eeyore the other day. It seems logical because when I get really mad or furstrated in games I tend to get mopey and passive agressive rather than yelling or swearing. This did not bother me. Now in the last week or so I've been called Eeyore both by a co-worker and real life friend that (as far as I know) have no connections with my online friends and have no way to have heard about the original conversation.

Oh bother.

I think I just proved that attraction to large boobs, and in fact large boobs themselves, are a recent evolutionary occurrence in human history, thanks in large part to the invention of the bra. My first scientific paper, at least first one that has a new hypothesis and may actually get published (I've done research papers for classes before). It's all just come together so clearly, kablooie! Mind blown, excitement high, on writing a damned research paper!

Academia sucks, they force you to write research papers on things you KNOW aren't exciting or original. That sucks the fun and motivation straight out of them damn it! You write a paper because you go "OMG it makes so much sense now!" And you want to tell others about it, and you want people to try and prove you right (or wrong)! Making into a generic assignment is why forcing kids to read the Grapes of Wrath sucks the fun out of books. 95% aren't going to enjoy The Grapes of Wrath, and thus they're going to associate negative feelings with reading altogether. Good job modern education system, you've taught us what to do but not why almost anyone would enjoy doing it.

I don't like big boobs. Maybe that means I'm an evolutionary throwback. That would explain a lot.

Edit: I quite enjoyed my final chemistry research paper. I picked an article on a new technique in water purification, got about half way through the paper before I realized some major failings that made the method seemingly worthless, and then spent the next two weeks looking up coroborating sources to rip it apart. I would have gotten a perfect score on the paper if I hadn't turned it in a week late.

I don't like big boobs. Maybe that means I'm an evolutionary throwback. That would explain a lot.

Edit: I quite enjoyed my final chemistry research paper. I picked an article on a new technique in water purification, got about half way through the paper before I realized some major failings that made the method seemingly worthless, and then spent the next two weeks looking up coroborating sources to rip it apart. I would have gotten a perfect score on the paper if I hadn't turned it in a week late.

Ouch, a useful paper with a bad grade because "it's late". Yet another reason to not like how Academia works, because you just know a dozen useless papers got at least as good a grade as you did. And then there's the citations. Citation after citation after citation, a million billion citations, a labyrinth of mountain high material.

This is what Academia teaches you, but at least in computer graphics I hate that shit. It's boring and trite and doesn't apply to anything I care about. If you came up with a new way to make a character's skin look more real or something then just tell me, as often as not the entire history of such does not need to be involved. Then again I'm just ripping on the worst aspects of it all, it's not to say everything works as such and is horrible.

I failed a physics programming class because I included the wrong file in the zipped up final project. Paper was done and would've gotten me a pass, but well, I accidentally added the powerpoint presentation I'd done a week prior to the zip instead of the paper itself. The physics engine was all there and working (as specced out), bar a few bugs. Woo!