Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Next time someone says "in the event of an emergency" try rephrasing it in your mind as "in the emergence of an event". It means basically the same thing but makes you feel like a space-scientist (or open-world-game developer).

^ I have this recurring realization about once every two or three months.

Every night I smash around 8-10 crickets on my kitchen floor. When the crickets first started showing up a couple months ago I found it challenging to smash them because they move fast and jump around. I'm pretty fucking good at it now though. 

...where the fuck are all these crickets coming from? Why are they in your kitchen? So many questions.

I've been pondering that for two months now. I even put a towel under our door thinking they might be squeezing under it but I'm still fucking seeing them. Already killed 6 or 7 tonight. Constant cricket chirping in my ears. It won't stop. I'll kill every last one of them. I swear. 

Get a few lizards and let them run round the house.

Get a few lizards and let them run round the house.

Be careful of salmonella.

It will have to be cane toads then. Extra marks if they are non native.

I try to stay positive about it so I like to think that the crickets are eating all the smaller bugs. But the crickets are fucking annoying so those salamanders sound like a good idea. But then I'll have a salamander problem and I'll need to get some birds that eat salamanders. At that point I should be set because I already have cats that will eat the birds.

I feel like the Citizen Kane of cricket killers.

Yesterday was the last episode of Talk of the Nation. I've been listening to that show almost every day for the last five years or so. I seriously feel pretty distraught about the end of the show, like a good friend has died or something. I find it hard to believe that Monday morning I won't be able to download a new episode. Totally sucks.

Zeus had mentioned that eesalram has a child. You aren't supposed to let lizards run freely through the home (especially the kitchen) because they can spread salmonella. The fact that there is a child involved increases the concern.

http://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/animals/reptiles.htm

I know, I was doing a bad joke.

Why's it so hot? Dear Thor it's even hot indoors in an air conditioned building. We're all going to die of methane and carbon dioxide. Quick! Everyone quit breathing, no more exhaling CO2, that'll solve the problem! 

I feel I should have accomplished more at this point in my life.

I feel I should have accomplished more at this point in my life.

Anything specific that you feel you should have accomplished by now?

I don't know, maybe being rich or something. Or CEO of a worldwide conglomerate with evil plans to take over the world.

I don't know, maybe being rich or something. Or CEO of a worldwide conglomerate with evil plans to take over the world.

These are good life goals to have. My goal is to become close friends with a millionaire and then they will just give me lots of money because of how cool I am. If that doesn't work then hopefully this whole career thing gets me there.

Not always. I've been a Millionaire once, but this time I want to be one in euros rather than Belarusian rubles.

So ... does becoming a millionaire, in general, require other people to remain less well-off?

Depends on whether or not we are all millionaires.

Why's it so hot? Dear Thor it's even hot indoors in an air conditioned building. We're all going to die of methane and carbon dioxide. Quick! Everyone quit breathing, no more exhaling CO2, that'll solve the problem! 

Came into work this morning, discovered the air conditioners aren't working.  Beacuse all the computers were on all weekend, it's FREAKING HOT IN HERE!