Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Well if you recall, I have major pants issues to begin with. I want them running through the wash as much as possible to grind out all the uncomfortable stiffness and itchiness because new pants pressed against my legs sends me into a panic. There is no better pants experience than putting on a pair of pants that have been through the wash at least 100 times.

And I disagree on the wet fart thing. Farts are like cigarette smoke. They permeate everything and cling to materials. Source: my dirty laundry.

I think the only items of clothing I wear once and wash are underpants and socks. Everything else gets multiple uses unless it gets noticeably dirty or I get sweaty while wearing it. 

Fart odour only adds to my bachelor mystique.

I usually only get 2-3 wears out of my pants between washing, usually because I am the messiest eater/drinker and it's rare for me to got a few days without spilling something on myself. 

Weird, jeans fresh out of the dryer are the least comfortable. They're so stiff.

Bjorn is actually just a big baby. Confirmed at lunch.

New pants feel so good! A new pair of slacks is all cool and smooth and you get those nice creases and breaks.  Mmm, pants.

I am Team Socks, and Team Wearing Shoes Is Fine And Ok To Do In Your Own Home. They keep my feet from getting cold! They are goodness and light.

The real reason I came to post in the thread:

Griffin McElroy sounds like Conan O'Brien, right? I just recently started watching Monster Factory so I don't pretend this is a new revelation. I just need confirmation.

Socks are the worst.  I only wear them when absolutely necessary.  Otherwise it's barefoot, or I'll put on some house slippers if it gets really cold, but only until my feet warm up. 

I can only wear slippers if i'm also wearing socks because otherwise my feet sweat too bad and then you might as well burn those slippers.

i'm never not slipper when i'm at home. I am also known for my formal dressing gown.

I basically just default to fatpants and long johns after dark; even in summer so far. Plenty of houses in NZ have crappy heating especially if you're at the cheaper end, so our options generally involve layers. On the plus side we don't sweat through our socks as much so they're fair game for a few days.

Its super windy we're we live too so even on summery days it feels weird to just wear a T-shirt since sometime in the afternoon there will always be a chill south easterly wind that doesn't quite settle for a few hours. I lived in Singapore for a few months and it was just the weirdest thing to actually feel a warm wind. 

I don't get dressing gowns either. I don't find them comfy. I default to shorts, unless I'm already wearing shorts. Shorts are the best.

I didn't care for bathrobes until the lady bought me a really nice, plush one (like the type you'd use at an upscale sauna or something) for Christmas a few years ago.  I've probably spent more time wearing it than I have any other single piece of clothing over the last few years, since I usually wear it at least some every day.  It's warm, and enveloping, and soft.  Just a great way to start a morning or end an evening. 

I fidget when I sit, a lot. So if I wear a dressing gown, it ends up tangled and all over the place to the point that it's not longer covering me. 

I think a large reason for my animosity towards socks is how much I hate having to fold and put them away.  The fewer socks I wear, the less time I have to spend fucking with them on laundry day.  I do most of our laundry.  The lady loves socks, quite often wears them 24 hours a day.  Owns a staggering variety of colors and sizes and material types.  I swear she must wear every pair she owns in a couple of week span.  I just spent as much time putting away socks as I did putting away most of the rest of our laundry.  The result of this, after years, is I wear as few socks as humanly possible in my climate. 

I didn't care for bathrobes until the lady bought me a really nice, plush one (like the type you'd use at an upscale sauna or something) for Christmas a few years ago. I've probably spent more time wearing it than I have any other single piece of clothing over the last few years, since I usually wear it at least some every day. It's warm, and enveloping, and soft. Just a great way to start a morning or end an evening.

This describes me perfectly except it was Christmas 10 years ago that my bathrobe obsession started. We need society to get back to the point where it was all bathrobes all the time like when Jesus was around.

I think a large reason for my animosity towards socks is how much I hate having to fold and put them away.

.. you don't have to?