Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

The joke with robots in Futurama is that they have all been designed and built for a purpose and that purpose is maddeningly non-sensical. Who built Hedonism-bot? Why??

Well yes, I get that. I love that robots are designed to be tools, yet all come with their own unique personality and free will...but what do they eat?!

Ostensibly they consume alcohol or oil to power themselves but those rules will get thrown away in favor of a joke.  It doesn't make sense because it's not supposed to.

Ostensibly they consume alcohol or oil to power themselves but those rules will get thrown away in favor of a joke.  It doesn't make sense because it's not supposed to.

But it's thrown out for things that aren't jokes too! The joke in Bend Her is that Bender is eating a lot, like a manbot, because he used to be a manbot, and Calculon is unaware of that. Why did it have to be a leg of lamb or whatever? It could have just been shit loads of alcohol or oil or equivalent. 

I know I'm over analysing it - it's a funny cartoon. It doesn't hurt my enjoyment of it, I'm just genuinely curious. I assume it's either 

Also consider Conspicuous consumption.

or it's that they send a story board to some contract animators who then filled in unspecified food. 

Does anyone else besides me wear their socks inside out on purpose?  I find them to be much more comfortable that way.

I have heard of people doing this as the seam being on the inside bothers some people. Then again, I sleep with socks on, something Lansbury called me the devil for, so I'm all in favor of unconventional sock opinions.

I have heard of people doing this as the seam being on the inside bothers some people.

That's exactly the reason for me.  The outside of a sock is nice and smooth while the inside is shaggy and rough.  Considering that my feet are in shoes the majority of the time I'm wearing socks, I don't care how they look.  I just want them to be comfortable.

I've tried to stop wearing socks or slippers too much when my feet are cold. I've noticed in years past that when it gets cold and I start spending larger portions of the day with warm fuzzies on my feet, the foot odor just starts to get out of control. It's so gross. I hate being barefoot and love my socks but I hate smelly feet even more.

I get complained at for wearing socks with shorts. Specifically anything that's not an ankle sock. Ankle socks feel weird.

Tall socks can make you look a couple ways.

1. If they're black socks & gym shorts, you wish you were a basketball player

2. If they're white socks & khakis or jorts, you look like a dad, specifically, my dad.

I have some socks that have super tight elastic around my lower calves and whenever I take them off it looks like I've had a tourniquet around my ankle all day. It has made me hate any sock that goes above my ankle.

On another note I wish all pants had socks stitched into them at the bottom. Those two pieces of clothing don't need to be separate.

Tall socks can make you look a couple ways.

1. If they're black socks & gym shorts, you wish you were a basketball player

I dress like option 1. a lot. Shorts are just so comfortable. I cycle everywhere too, so trousers just get filthy in winter. 

On another note I wish all pants had socks stitched into them at the bottom. Those two pieces of clothing don't need to be separate.

You know what's gross? People wearing trousers without socks. They look like weird disgusting chicken people. Socks without trousers is ok though.  I'd be for combo trousers with socks at the bottom, just to stop those horrible people in the gym who put their trousers on first.

Do I dare bring up the sock with sandals debate?  (I'm against for what it's worth)

I'm all about socks with my sandals. Keeps my feet from getting all dirty and gross when I'm walking around outside. Plus I get to pretend I'm a Ninja Turtle if they are flip flops and I have to force that middle between the toe strap to make a wedge in my socks.

Socks with sandals was very popular with the baseball players at my high school. It makes you look like a fool who completely misunderstands the point of sandals. Just wear slip on shoes (like a vans sneaker or a boat shoe) instead of a sandal in that case. (I am ardently against socks & sandals.)

You throw your pants in the wash after a single use?

If I wear a pair of pants for one day (single use?) then yes, they go in the wash when they come off.

Jeans are really recommended to be worn multiple times (up to 5 or 6 times) between washing.  It extends their life and color, sometimes adding years of life to them. 

Jeans are really recommended to be worn multiple times (up to 5 or 6 times) between washing.  It extends their life and color, sometimes adding years of life to them. 

That is also 5 or 6 days of farts just continuously seeping into the very fabric of your pants. I would argue that I wouldn't want those extra years of life out of my fart riddled pants.

I've worn jeans for multiple days for years. Well over a decade! A week tops, but usually less. Never only a day. (Unless I spill something on 'em, I suppose... Fun fact: those farts don't actually seep into the cloth and persist unless you've got like wet farts. Source: I fart all day err day and sometimes I just stick my head right in there and breath deep and it smells beautiful.