Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

I'd be interested to know whether other long-standing Thumbs still see that as an angry face or if it gets directly translated into a sad face in their head. And whether they use it to mean "sadface" knowing others will auto-translate, or whether they only use it for "angry face".

Depends on the context. :(

I always figured everyone used it as angry face and that it was only there to confuse people who did not have any intention of being mad.

Has everyone actually been sad when using it from the beginning? I could have been misreading so many things!

I'm responsible for both the Francis Bacon smiley and the angry tomato. I kinda wish I had admin priviledges on the forums again just so I could curate emoticons.

Updated the forums to the latest version. Please let me know if anything seems broken.

I've also added some additional checks against RBLs to the signup process, so hopefully it stems some of the spam registrations.

Thanks to the ever-hard-working Doug Tabacco for fixing my account that apparently got eaten with the garbage collection of old accounts. It must have wandered into the dark and been eaten by a grue. I will endeavor to keep my account grue-free from now on.

What browser you using? Looks like color profile misfiring (...if that is what you're referring to...) but as far as I know only Safari supports color profiles in pichurs and there is really no reason to use Safari unless you're like a die-hard Apple asshole of some sort.

The camera pans out to reveal ...

dHZSQ.png

It was Firefox on Windows 7 all along! And a bonus sighting of the rare «stretched avatar»!

Edited by toblix

Wait, does that mean that header image changed and I never noticed... When did it happen? With the new forums?

Nah. Jayel just exported one of the images with one color profile and the other with another—and we're only noticing it now because browsers are only now starting to honor color profiles.

Hmm It seems really unlikely I delivered these images in JPG format. Besides, I stick to sRGB because that's all my monitors are capable of.

:P

My response to toblix's current search was just a nod of the head, like "naturally". I'm not sure I actually see a difference in the picture, but I'm not on my usual computer right now. What about the colours has changed?

This may have been asked for previously, or I may be missing it, but a spoiler tag button on the Reply toolbar would be lovely!

I have this really bizarre problem, with the Idle Thumbs forums exclusively, when I am writing a post. I may have mentioned it before, but with some uncertainty as to whether it was the forums or my computer. Now I've encountered it on three separate machines. All with Windows 7 and Chrome, and I can't imagine I'm the only one with that combination!

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: Sometimes, when I go to delete stuff from the post, the cursor will randomly jump to another spot in the text area, resulting in shifting characters, and deleting characters I never wanted to touch!

...Does anyone have any ideas?