Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

Where icon left? No more jump to new post make Erkki sad.

And there is still this colon problem. :

I don't know what that means.

I noticed the other day that when I wrote something like this:

Check this out (it's great):

It comes out like this:

Check this out (it's great) :

Because the smilie code is:

):

;)

Yes, a single colon goes like :

:

:

:

:

:

:

Since I'm weird and I use backward smilies, like so - ): - it fucks ERRYFING up. Although it's kind of an appropriate troll, since I explicitly use backwards smilies to avoid their image equivalents. (I'm not a fan of images for the most part.)

Looks like the code for the emoticon was set to a single colon. I've changed it to

Sw :sombrero: :sombrero:t, s :sombrero: :sombrero:ms lik :sombrero: :sombrero:v :sombrero:rything is finally in ord :sombrero:r. Good job!

Any news on the 'converted' details being edited? Still can't unsubscribe to threads - they still appear in 'my content'. One other thing - how do I force the 'full' site on mobile? Every so often it 'forgets' and loads the mobile type site. Which I can't stand.

Have you tried clicking 'Unfollow this topic' in the top right of the thread? Just noticed that myself today.

Then Chrome has a bug, because the forum's HTML clearly says:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href='http://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/favicon.ico' />

Browsers can be very finicky about them, the safest approach is to just get rid of the HTML and use whatever's in the domain's main folder as that'll show right in all browsers.

Have you tried clicking 'Unfollow this topic' in the top right of the thread? Just noticed that myself today.

I have, tried that a while back, but the thread is still appearing using the 'My Content' tool. Unless I'm using that wrongly of course and can track threads in a different manner.

It doesn't appear in the 'content I follow' link either.

That's weird, should all appear in those. Tried fiddling with the options on the side? By default it shows followed posts but not forums, for example.

Other than that, no idea. Must be some kind of database weirdness going on. ;(

I love how slick and easy to use the forum is...

That and the awesome Idle Thumbs community :D

Chrome shows the traditional one for me. Looks like there's another one in the /forums/ folder though which is probably being picked up sometimes, should delete that. :tup:

Damn, now that I clicked (and refreshed) the wrong one, I'm seeing a wrong one too :(

Hmm, not sure why that is. I'll open a support ticket.

Well, amazingly, this was the reply from support:

Hello,

I had to check on this.. There were.. It's gone back and forth several times on whether emoticons should or shouldn't be allowed in sigs.. It turned into a "Well, why not allow them" because of changes in how they're processed (Back in IPB2, we couldn't do it because it'd be massive numbers of calls to the database for each view) but, now with caching, it was decided to allow them.

Well, then we hit all kinds of problems with the image restrictions and things like that.. And, apparently, there's another problem that was found, and we had to disable them again.

The word is that we are going to allow them again, but.. Can't do it currently. So, they were intentionally removed.

--

{Name Removed}

Invision Power Services, Inc.

So... lame. Not excited to see features removed in point updates with no notice.