Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

Is there a way to constantly mark certain forums as read?

Cool, I can edit which forums are shown in the 'View New Content'-section. Very thoughtful.

There should be a link to the main-site somewhere in the forum-region, no?

(Stupid that the small font size from before The Change correspondes to '8' now. Makes all my old shit unreadable.)

Oh, and spoiler button on the quick-reply bar, please!

This might have been brought up before. If so I apologize in advance.

The new forums seem to be missing a handy link leading back to the main site. It might have been a deliberate decision to not put such a link since there is no real need for it. But I found the Thumb link on the old forums useful in the past. Just my two cents.

This might have been brought up before. If so I apologize in advance.

The new forums seem to be missing a handy link leading back to the main site. It might have been a deliberate decision to not put such a link since there is no real need for it. But I found the Thumb link on the old forums useful in the past. Just my two cents.

Good catch -- we'll definitely want that in here when we drop the SICKEST NEW IDLE THUMBS DOT NET YOU'VE EVER SEEN

Oh, and spoiler button on the quick-reply bar, please!

Will look into this!

The editor is a heavily modded CKEditor. Hope that helps if there is no obvious in-board method for adding stuff to the Wizzy Wig.

An account executive used those exact words in a correspondence just earlier today. :tup: :tup:

One more feedback: the :tup::tmeh::tdown: need to be the first emoticons in the pallete. Also don't leave the angry tomater behind!

Restoring the tomato is on my to-do for tonight.

Update: :(

One more feedback: the :tup::tmeh::tdown: need to be the first emoticons in the pallete.

Done. Emoticon management is a little weak in this forum, sadly. I actually had to track down a bug in the forum to fix ordering them. Someone will have to make a pass through to organize them at some point, but I at least moved the thumbs up top and put the heads all together for now.

So, is the FCKEditor the reason typing formatting text is messed up? I mean, was it broken, or did you break it? Or am I the only one having problems?

So, is the FCKEditor the reason typing formatting text is messed up? I mean, was it broken, or did you break it? Or am I the only one having problems?

What?

What?

Also, I should probably say I really love this new board.I'm especially happy with the new WYSIWYG editor, except: When I write, and use Ctrl+I to enter italic text, and then hit backspace, all sorts of craziness ensues. I'm using Chrome 19.0.1084.46 m.

Just checking if Firefox also has this WEIRD behavior, and it doesn't, but I managed to get it stuck in this weird formatting, even though none of the styles are selected. It looks like bold, but it isn't, and toggling underlined doesn't help.

Yeah, so editing with formatingis messed up.

(F)CKEr can be on the bloaty side of things. It has quirks and behaviors. :tmeh:

Ah, okay. That one's kind of out of my hands, sorry. I'll report it as a bug, though.

It's all looking swell, guys, well done! And thanks for the spoiler button!

It'd be great to have this at the bottom of the thread, especially on the mobile version.

This isn't quite as convenient, and it's not present on the mobile version, but it's possible that you may have missed the grey upwards-arrow button at the bottom centre of the page, that will zip you back up to the top where you can access the quick navigation thing. It's an extra click, but it's better than all that scroll wheel nonsense. Also, perhaps everyone's noticed it and it's only me to whom it does not seem obvious.

For iOS users, try tapping on the status bar at the top. Also, for non-mobile users: The home key is your friend.

¬_¬ ¬_¬

¬_¬ ¬_¬

(ETA: I also have formatting problems with the editor like toblix. My solution is to not usespecial formattings.)

From the state of the bug report I filed, the issue is fixed in the next release of CKEditor, but that probably won't be merged into IP.Board until version 3.4 (as opposed to 3.3.3, which is the next maintenance release). So you may have to wait a while :(

This isn't quite as convenient, and it's not present on the mobile version, but it's possible that you may have missed the grey upwards-arrow button at the bottom centre of the page, that will zip you back up to the top where you can access the quick navigation thing. It's an extra click, but it's better than all that scroll wheel nonsense. Also, perhaps everyone's noticed it and it's only me to whom it does not seem obvious.

I hadn't noticed that but, like Doug suggests, I've been using Home for this. It's not as good as having the drop-down thing (or a second location icon) at the bottom like it used to be, though,

Also, thanks for putting previous and next buttons in the mobile version, but they navigate thread pages, not threads. Currently, I have to click the 'first unread post' blue circle, read a thread, swipe-scroll back to the top, click on the board link, then click on the next blue circle. I actually can't see any other way to make my way through new posts on the mobile version. I'd be starting to think I was crazy for asking for this by now if it weren't for the fact that this is how every other forum I've ever been on do this as standard (EDIT: and indeed, the main version now does this, which is a fantastic improvement).

Sorry to harp on; everything else is lovely, but this is making the forums almost fiddly enough for me to feel dissuaded from using them, which would kill me.

Also, I haven't checked yet whether this still happens, but it used to be annoying when I was using that method and would get to one of the sticky threads halfway through which was chronologically correct, but then be told there are no newer threads than that one, and have to exit back out of it and recommence making my way up. If this is fixed, THANK YOU!

So, this is fixed, which immediately makes navigating the forums 300% more pleasurable for me, so THANK YOU!

I hadn't noticed that but, like Doug suggests, I've been using Home for this. It's not as good as having the drop-down thing (or a second location icon) at the bottom like it used to be, though,

Also, thanks for putting previous and next buttons in the mobile version, but they navigate thread pages, not threads. Currently, I have to click the 'first unread post' blue circle, read a thread, swipe-scroll back to the top, click on the board link, then click on the next blue circle. I actually can't see any other way to make my way through new posts on the mobile version. I'd be starting to think I was crazy for asking for this by now if it weren't for the fact that this is how every other forum I've ever been on do this as standard (EDIT: and indeed, the main version now does this, which is a fantastic improvement).

Sorry to harp on; everything else is lovely, but this is making the forums almost fiddly enough for me to feel dissuaded from using them, which would kill me.

You can always use the non-mobile version. The old forums didn't have a mobile version at all, so I'm not really sure how this made it more fiddly. But if the old forums were working for you, using the non-mobile site is probably the way to go.

No, that's true, I can do that. It's just a shame when the mobile version is otherwise so lovely and handy...