Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

I'm pretty sure that a mannequin holding a sign is legally distinct from a person holding a sign.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, I don't understand what benefit the manequin has. In places like my town, it wouldn't be a legal alternative to having a person standing there. In other places where there are no such rules, why have a manequin at all?

Just in case you thought 5kg objects, random sloped surfaces and altered gravity would save you. 

At least you'll get fair warning by the 899 precursor robots that come stumbling towards you, each one managing one step more than the last.

Just wait until JPL is dropping these things into your yard with skycranes.

After watching a cool design for robotic houses that could kill you by smashing your between automaton walls

I found this 45-minute documentary that is just nice to sit back and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8zP7yP8hdLE

All the opportunities to learn the real truth about one world government black-ops that pop up during the video, adds to the experience for me. This is the cyberpunk future... with ads.

Google has created an ethics board to ensure that the AI technologies it is developing are not abused.

WHAT

"Google’s first public venture into deep learning combined the efforts of some of its foremost scientists: Angrew Ng, Jeff Dean and Ray Kurzweil. Together with their research partners, the trio developed a computer network that simulated a brain’s neuronal network and set it upon images on the Internet. The inevitable result was that the system taught itself how to recognize pictures of cats."

Like a child recognizing it's mother.

i think they left out a small section. it originally read:

google, which is now entirely run by self aware AIs inside their evolving military warframes, established....

Have we done the one about Google's early VC funding firms and their links to the US military, secret services, DoD etc., or is that old hat now?

This was around the start of Google, of course. I remember scoffing.

I googled "Google Dystopia" on Google, and this is what Google gave me as the first image on Google Images which is where I googled "Google Dystopia".

google%202084.jpg

Google.

It could be a lot worse. Remember that time AOL accidentally released several months worth of search history for thousands of its users, which then got extensively cataloged by peeps on the internet?

The best one of those search history records was the ongoing saga of the racist guy concerned that his new black neighbours had heat vision.

The best one of those search history records was the ongoing saga of the racist guy concerned that his new black neighbours had heat vision.

That sounds incredible, but a quick google showed nothing. Do you know if it's online anywhere?

It could be a lot worse. Remember that time AOL accidentally released several months worth of search history for thousands of its users, which then got extensively cataloged by peeps on the internet

User 927!

That sounds incredible, but a quick google showed nothing. Do you know if it's online anywhere?

I'm pretty sure most of them got taken down for legal reasons.

Thanks. I think :)

The Urban Aeronautics Airmule is a drone designed for evacuating battlefield casualties, but frankly, could carry 400 kilos of just about anything: