Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

That's more agile than I am. 

Its movement is at a sort of uncanny valley point. For a brief moment I perceive it as I might a person or animal, then it does something jankily and it's an awkward robot again.  Really impressive that BD is starting to transcend that though. 

Just watched Black Mirror s4e5 and like the trailer hinted -

Spoiler

- it's a pure, intense Big Dog horror film. I guess this was inevitable really...

The strategy is working. I spent most of the video being truly impressed by the engineering marvel this thing is. The three black sleeping SpotMinis in the background at the end were quite spooky however.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/humanoids/the-importance-of-teaching-robots-to-hug

"Based on a survey of the 30 participants, each of whom got to experience 12 hugs from HuggieBot (I’m so jealous), the researchers found that people generally preferred the soft and warm hugs, which were perceived to be both more comforting as well as safer. People also said that they liked “really tight hugs” the best, and that people particularly liked to be “slightly squeezed” by the robot. Hug duration was very important too: People really don’t like hugs that go on too long, and expect a hug to end when they start to let go."

Well, now they're just rubbing it in our faces. This is the Fortnite jiggy Spot will select when traipsing over our crushed corpses.