toblix

Red Dead Redemption

Maybe PS3 man!

http://gamerant.com/rockstar-encouraging-positive-red-dead-redemption-coverage-phil-16441/

Interesting story about how some guy got fired for saying that R* 'encouraged' his team to give a positive slant on the Red Dead coverage.

actively push for publications to cover their game in a positive light that things start to feel wrong.

What company doesn't actively push for publications to cover their game in a postive light? It's called marketing. Yeesh.

Even the quote is hilarious; they asked "Can you please" . Sorry, but people don't get fired over stuff like that; maybe in australia, maybe the editor may have not stated it as nicely; but when someone asks "Can you please do something" thats not really pushing, that's a friendly request that is completely understandable coming from a PR department trying to sell a product.

"It is understood McCasker had earlier received two official warnings about his behaviour." Behaviour is pretty ambigious; so the problem is obviously with him and the company.

The way it was asked towards this particular journalist may have not been so nice or his reaction may have been grounds for dismissle; but that's completely a interneral problem at Zoo, not Rockstars fault or problem.

You can blame Rockstar as a company for a lot of things, this isn't one of them and is totally ridiculous.

Also, probably will end up getting it on the 360 since thats probably where the rest of the guys are playing GTA4 from... I just hate my noisy beast right now, hehe.

It's amazing that they manage to somehow trump themselves with every new trailer.

What company doesn't actively push for publications to cover their game in a postive light? It's called marketing. Yeesh.

Even the quote is hilarious; they asked "Can you please" . Sorry, but people don't get fired over stuff like that; maybe in australia, maybe the editor may have not stated it as nicely; but when someone asks "Can you please do something" thats not really pushing, that's a friendly request that is completely understandable coming from a PR department trying to sell a product.

"It is understood McCasker had earlier received two official warnings about his behaviour." Behaviour is pretty ambigious; so the problem is obviously with him and the company.

The way it was asked towards this particular journalist may have not been so nice or his reaction may have been grounds for dismissle; but that's completely a interneral problem at Zoo, not Rockstars fault or problem.

You can blame Rockstar as a company for a lot of things, this isn't one of them and is totally ridiculous.

I don't disagree - I just think that the fact this guy got fired and claimed it was R*'s fault was interesting.

I don't disagree - I just think that the fact this guy got fired and claimed it was R*'s fault was interesting.

Oh totally, sorry if it was a minor rant, because it was, and for all i know he could have gotten fired completely over this or on the far side he might just be saying that to get some attention for a new job.

Anyway, the mp mechanics seem like an upped version of lost and the damned? But Im curious to know how lobbies work. Also, this gives me the sense the map feels a lot larger then GTA(slow modes of travel, not an entire urban area) so it'll be interesting to see how that works out when a few people are in the mexico zone and a few people are in the rockies; might be a pain to find people?

I didn't play gta 4 mp enough, but was there a quick respawn near other people option if you died(or didn't)?

This looks great, and the free roam multiplayer looks to be a nice evolution from GTA's lobby system. It will suit Thumbs-type situations well!

I will be getting it for the 360.

360 for me as well, as I prefer the 360 pad and expect the 360 version to perform better as usual.

And yeah this looks pretty amazing, sort of getting a Test Drive: Unlimited vibe from the open lobby stuff, it'll be interesting to see how it works in practice. Roaming the country side hunting wolves with your friends is gonna be a blast for sure.

Will likely be 360, but don't know if I'll have the cash for it right away. May need to wait for a bit.

Likely 360 for me, I still don't have a PS3. Also, I might move some time during the next couple of months and not even sure if I'm going to buy a TV immediately.

Definitely getting it for 360 here. Game is looking dope, I really can't wait for it. I hadn't really paid much attention to this game till recently but now I'm excited.

Im really digging the ps3 lately, soo....

I love the PS3 but for multiplayer it's no match for the 360. It would be a real pain trying to organize everything for that. Not as many people own that console, nobody has a headset, the friends system doesn't seem as well integrated. I'm not trying to be overly negative, it's just that I'd caution against buying a game that you hope to play in multiplayer for the PS3

I love the PS3 but for multiplayer it's no match for the 360. It would be a real pain trying to organize everything for that. Not as many people own that console, nobody has a headset, the friends system doesn't seem as well integrated. I'm not trying to be overly negative, it's just that I'd caution against buying a game that you hope to play in multiplayer for the PS3

No, it's totally warranted for you to say those things; I keep hearing that but haven't actually tried MP on the ps3 yet, so it's good to know.

I really dig (initially typed dick; shows where my mind is) how the multiplayer builds on the strengths of the sandboxy/open-worldy nature of the game instead of trying to work around it or even negate it like so many similar games have done.

I can't wait to get into a roving posse of assholes.

I'll be getting the PS3 version. I just hate turning on the 360 these days between the ridiculous dashboard UI, the noise, and the knowledge that at any moment it's going to self-destruct. I can never get rid of it though, because I've bought so much god damned Rock Band music on it.

Man, what system is everyone getting this for? I want to make sure I'm around for the MP.

I'll be keeping it real with my homeboy, Bill...

sexybillgates.jpg

Yeah, that's right. We're cool. And sexy.

Damn it, Thunderpeel. It thought you meant there would be a PC version for a minute there. Maybe you'd heard something I hadn't? I dunno. Then I realized that Bill also has the 360 going for him (man, if you thought the PC publicity shots were sexy...) and my hopes of PC Red Dead Redemption were dashed. Bastard. Building me up like that.

360 all the way. I think this might be my first home console game purchase of the year!

(I am confusing myself, since there are two threads about this game, both discussing which platform we're buying it for. Ugh.)

Edited by Nevsky

Damn it, Thunderpeel. It thought you meant there would be a PC version for a minute there. Maybe you'd heard something I hadn't? I dunno. Then I realized that Bill also has the 360 going for him (man, if you thought the PC publicity shots were sexy...) and my hopes of PC Red Dead Redemption were dashed. Bastard. Building me up like that.

Sorreee. It's all about the 360. But GTA got a PC release, so...

I'm going for the pc version myself. I think they will announce it a few weeks after the console release. It happened with all GTAs. And as this game basically is GTA: Wild West, I'm in upbeat mood that a pc port is planned.

Red Dead Revolver never made the jump, so there's no precedent for the series. Also, after the reception that GTAIVPC got, I wouldn't count on it.

Sorreee. It's all about the 360. But GTA got a PC release, so...

And we all know how well THAT turned out.