toblix

Red Dead Redemption

The frame rate seems a little choppy in action scenes, I've heard it mentioned in 'hands-on previews' and experienced it myself with the PS3/PC ports of GTA4, so I guess there's that... but otherwise it looks like a GTA Western which is exactly what I hoped for :tup:

Edited by Cigol

Hopefully they'll release a DLC that puts in a bridge from Liberty City to New Austin.

Hopefully they'll release a DLC that puts in a bridge from Liberty City to New Austin.

I'd prefer a DeLorean

Nothing much there that I don't like. Really looking forward to this. The horse animation looks great, and I particularly like the idea of stealing a horse because of its excellent handling (not being sarcastic, I really do like that idea). I kind of hope that the riding mechanics are similar to Shadow of the Colossus, with the horse having a little bit of a mind of its own and non-instant reactions to input. I want to ride, not drive. But I know a lot of people found it difficult to get the hang of that system.

I'm starting to worry a little bit. I hope there are no hombres that you have to go on hombre-dates with. I also hope there's no smoke signal system where you constantly have to stop and answer or your hombres will like you less.

I can't wait to hijack the giant lumbering mechanical spider machine that roams the prairie.

With both this and Mafia II coming out, 2010 might be my free roaming game year of the decade. The game does indeed look better with each trailer and I will probably enjoy shooting people and animals alike in the face immensely.

I'm starting to worry a little bit. I hope there are no hombres that you have to go on hombre-dates with. I also hope there's no smoke signal system where you constantly have to stop and answer or your hombres will like you less.

I fucking hated my cell phone in GTA IV. It made it very difficult for me to just drive over people and enjoy the scenery or whatever.

I fucking hated my cell phone in GTA IV. It made it very difficult for me to just drive over people and enjoy the scenery or whatever.

You know you can turn it off, right?

Anyway, I don't see that being as much of a problem in RDR. From the vulture-shooting thing I'm guessing various actions will launch optional minigames. Finding them could be a fun easter-egg type hunting game in itself.

If this game walks the walk and talks the talk we may be looking at a GOTY contender. Mass Effect 2, this and Fallout New Vegas are my top of my "GET THAT DAY ONE!" list this year. And I already have ME2. :D

You know you can turn it off, right?

YOU CAN?!1 All I ever wanted to do was to turn off the cell phone in GTA IV. I probably should have tried to do that too.

But yeah, I really like the idea of mini games such as the vulture shooting that you can (probably) launch pretty much anywhere anytime.

Honestly, in a non normal gameplay mode, I'd love to have seen a giant mechanical spider...

I really wanted a good western game, there is no doubt this is it(I played a bit of the pre beta and it was very much gta western) my friend just played the current build and said it was amazing... so yeah.

But I'm wondering with so few successful western titles if anyone would take a chance on fantasy western(ie big mechanical spider) because that'd be pretty neat too. Or play as a time traveler or something, doesn't seem to be enough of that in games(waits for ten people to list off 100 games that proves me wrong on that)

Honestly, in a non normal gameplay mode, I'd love to have seen a giant mechanical spider...

I need a time travelling steam train equipped with a flux capacitor for this to be a day one perchase for me.

Daaaamn. Well as long as it doesn't become a series of missions and sub-games, this could really rock. I got a bit concerned with the idea that you could suddenly be attacked by a wolf while riding your horse, or that you might have defend yourself from vultures (?) after a bloody battle.

If it's as truly organic and open as that trailer suggests, it could really kick ass.

Also: The horses look awesome!

Yep, from what they've shown so far, it looks like all my dreams of GTH are coming true. It sounds too good, actually.

This game looks great. Like Dan said, Rockstar really took care of the horses. It looks like their femoral muscles are animated, which make them look utterly lifelike. And I either hope that they make them a little stubborn, which would really add further authenticity (never thought that I could be so thrilled by horses :eek: ).

And the shootings look cool, too.

BUT.... why has there been no pc version announced (yet), again? I hope it's coming to the pc in december, just like it was with GTA IV.

I too wish it would come out for pc. Also, sounds like you need a horsebag to fully enjoy this game!

It looks more awesome with every trailer! But why are they even calling it Read Dead *? From what little I know about Red Dead Revolver, this is completely different.

It looks more awesome with every trailer! But why are they even calling it Read Dead *? From what little I know about Red Dead Revolver, this is completely different.

I'm sure for much the same reason they called it Far Cry 2: name recognition. Not to mention that, historically, two video games by the same company of similar subject matter often share names. I mean, GTA: San Andreas doesn't share anything with the original GTA as far as characters or even location go, but they're similar enough in spirit that one can be considered the sequel to the other. Of course, Revolver wasn't open world, but I think it'd be silly if RockStar just called it "Happy Fun Horse Time: Old West Murder Simulator."

Speaking of horses, the horses in this game look better than in any video game I've ever seen.

HorseWalk.gif

I think "from the makers of GTA" would already bring way more recognition than "sequel to Read Dead Revolver". Unless of course this game has nothing to do with people who made GTA.

I think "from the makers of GTA" would already bring way more recognition than "sequel to Read Dead Revolver". Unless of course this game has nothing to do with people who made GTA.

It doesn't, it was made by Rockstar Sandiago which hasn't made a GTA as far as I know. They made Midnight club and red dead revolver.

It's overseen by a few of the people that oversaw GTA; but that doesn't have the same ring to it. Oh and dialog most likely cleaned up by a Houser or two.

A friend of mine wrote up a preview of the game, and I have to admit; I'm now pretty hyped for this game. I wasn't really following it much, but I Looooved GTA IV, and if this is kinda like that, then I'm sold.