Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Yeah, the monolithic 4 CD box sets can be intimidating, but they're usually worth listening to. The nice thing I've been finding while doing this is that if you have the individual tracks tagged with the year they came out, you don't actually end up listening to the entire set back-to-back.

I'm up to 1929, which in my library is full of some really fantastic folk music. This one's from the Anthology of American Folk Music. (An absolutely phenomenal compilation which played a large part in launching the folk revival of the late 50's/early 60's, but that's a whole other story.).

My musical wanderings have recently taken me to Ruth Etting

playlist:

Since the theme here seems to be beautiful things, here's something really pretty I was just reminded of. It's a reinterpretation of Massive Attack's Teardrop.

New A perfect Circle "By and Down"

http://www.spin.com/articles/a-perfect-circle-by-and-down-stream-three-sixty-greatest-hits/

edit: not very exciting, i thought they had a new album but its a best of :fart:

-----------------

More excitingly this is a quality chip tune album Anamanaguchi – Endless Fantasy

----------------

Even more excitingly i think i may have discovered a way of getting unlimited free minutes with spotify

Familjen - Huvudet i sanden (Head in the sand)

Really like this video. As far as Werewolves go, I really like this kind of design of mostly being a very hairy human with big teeth. Sort of reminiscent of how Bigby in A Wolf Among Us looks when he is "wolf-ing" out.

This one is also good :)

Somehow I managed to miss White Lung's records from last year. Rectifying it now. Here is a cool live performance:

If you need a studio recording to convince you, here you go:

Seeing these guys on Tuesday :D

Been really enjoying Amorphis recently too:

I keep meaning to get some Baroness, everything I've heard from them has been pretty tight in a Mastodon-but-sludgier sort of way. Which album/s would you recommend dive in with?

Listening to this and studying is super chill. Live jazz interpretations of Ghibli music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtLB6Z8G4bI

I keep meaning to get some Baroness, everything I've heard from them has been pretty tight in a Mastodon-but-sludgier sort of way. Which album/s would you recommend dive in with?

First & Second EPs are my favourites, but I don't know what is their current availability. The EPs are somewhat different from the color albums (much heavier than the later releases, at least), so if you have liked the singles, you might prefer Red, Blue or Yellow & Green. Of those, my favourite is the Red Album - I think.

man, Hsingen Blues is so damn good. Too bad the record after it was a clunker. 

You should peep the MAGIC CIRCLE record! Boston dudes. Sabbathy!

Lou was cool. He organised a concert for dogs. He wrote an album with Metallica that was awful in every way an album can be bad. These are the worst things he did musically, and they are still kind of awesome just because they were conceived and then executed.

Let's remember the good (weird) times:

http://youtu.be/LIK2Mssh_NQ