Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Oh hey I have probably linked this artist in here before but I'm doing it again because I still love it.

The music is sort of melancholic but also happy. I DUNNO. I listen to it a lot when I'm just walking around.

Reminder that The Dum Dum Girls are a neat rock band:

Also, new Danny Brown record is looking good. On the songs that have been released, the beats have all been really strange. This is probably the most straight-forward track:

so I have been into him(? i think, not sure, maybe a them or even a her) for a while, but just got back into Geskia in a big way.

Japanese melodic IDM would be the tl;dr synopsis. Reference points might be: Telefon Tel Aviv, Boards of Canada, with some vocal manipulation tricks like Matmos or Uprock Narratives era Prefuse73 in some of the albums/songs

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Geskia

God damn, Spotify's 'Discover' feature is a bottomless chasm of obscure greatness. Have some Australian indie hip-hop (so much better than you're imagining).

I tried to make a playlist of songs named after states and gave up like 15 states in.  I already had compromised by picking California Dreaming over California by Joni Mitchell which led to picking the Hawaii Five-O theme for Hawaii and then things fell apart. 

I just purchased the In Utero reissue because of the Steve Albini mix because Steve Albini is a cool guy who does good work. I do not regret this purchase.

In regards to my last post: 

The new mix is excellent. Vocals are more buried in the guitars, which gives everything more of a punch, as the guitar roars aren't overshadowed by Kurt's voice. There are a lot of cool little guitar parts that are re-introduced into the mix, so if you geek out on this record like I do, then there is a lot of new little things to hear. Very Ape doesn't sound flat and it sounds like it has a proper lead guitar. The bridge guitars in Francis Farmer kind of roars back and forth. Some drum sounds are turned up, others are turned down a little. Props to Albini for giving each sound a lot of space while still making the songs sound huge. If you like the production on The Jesus Lizard's Goat, you will like this record. 

But, they removed the cello sounds during the Dumb choruses. Almost unacceptable. 

Oh hey I have probably linked this artist in here before but I'm doing it again because I still love it.

The music is sort of melancholic but also happy. I DUNNO. I listen to it a lot when I'm just walking around.

Taps into the melancholy spirit of us Swedes.

We produce a lot of happy and beautiful things, but a lot of it also has that tinge of sadness in it.

Found this old folk song today called "Låt till Far" (Song for Father) which I just find hauntingly beautiful.

Listening to it I also get a feeling of wanting to know more about my country's past and inspired to produce something that draws upon that past.

It's a weird feeling to have after having spent so many years thinking about our old cultural heritage as just "old bullshit" (As most Swedish youths seem to do). Yet it is still a very pleasant feeling of belonging in a way. Huh.

Anyway, without further ado I give you, the weather:

I've gone a little bit overboard in collecting digital music recently, music library is filled with a ridiculous amount of songs which I have just never listened to. In order to remedy this, and also to try a weird experiment, I've decided to avoid purchasing music until I've listened to every song in my library. But I'm doing it in the order of year released.

The idea is that I'll be able to understand each track as it was heard during the time it was released. Not sure I'll really follow through with it, but so far I've found some great songs I never paid much attention to before, for example:

also:

That is a cool idea. I will try it but I am not looking forward to the four hours of Ella Fitzgerald I haven't gotten around to listening to yet.