5b06b494d4881_P3Os9.thumb.png.230a647c044545f4286ec85ea0eb9d64.png

https://itch.io/jam/wizard-jam-7

Hello and welcome! Wizard Jam is the bi-annual Idle Thumbs community-run game jam.

Wizard Jam is not a contest; the main emphasis is to celebrate the Thumbs community through sharing and collaboration over the course of a fortnight. We write devlogs and post GIFs. We offer support and volunteer music, sounds and other assets. We play each other's games and stream them. It's a lot of fun.

The other thing we try to emphasise is encouraging people to try making something new and unfamiliar; or to try game development for the first time entirely (quite a few of the entries we've had in the past are from complete first-timers to gamedev!). We run the jam over the course of two weeks to give people the room to try something weird and see how it turns out.

Use this subforum to make development log threads, recruit folks, and chat about development related stuff! There's also the game development subforum and the #wizardjam slack channel. If you aren't a already a member of the slack group and would like an invite, send me a private message at @zerofiftyone and I will make sure you get access.

X3ziplm.png

Wizard Jam - Friday 8th June to Sunday 24th June

Showcase Weekend - Saturday 30th June to Sunday 1st July

j849pbc.png

Choose an episode title from any show on the Idle Thumbs podcast network and use it as a theme prompt for your game. Use this site to browse through show titles: http://randomthumbs.danjohnmoran.com/ (Thanks to Broxxar, Panzorfork & matt.ishii for providing the site)

IjSVJww.png

1. This jam is not a competition, and there is no minimum level of game development experience needed to join. People from all backgrounds are  welcome to participate. If you're new to gamedev, let us know! Join us on the forums and on Slack; where you'll find help, advice and encouragement from the community. 
  2. Entries containing any form of harassment or hate-speech are not permitted. Anything crossing into this territory will be removed.

After the jam finishes, we'll be hosting Showcase Weekend; an opportunity for everybody to step back from the game making process and look at what everyone else has made; with an emphasis on giving feedback and comments to fellow creators. It's covered in the schedule below, and there'll be more details to follow.

ydtXYUr.png

HERE'S THE PAGE WHERE YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR GAME : [https://itch.io/jam/wizard-jam-7]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browse Past Wizard Jams:

xsdmyoi.png

Wizard Jam (Apr 2015)

Subforum Link

Itch.io Link

KwbFT5M.png

Winter Wizard Jam (Nov/Dec 2015)

Subforum Link

Itch.io Link

KwbFT5M.png.85e8f0da124dd048b2754ada3e900084.png

Wizard Jam 2016 (May 2016)

Subforum Link

Itch.io Link

KwbFT5M.png.f62dace35ea1e3879e9aa8eb719057ef.png

Wizard Jam 4 (Nov/Dec 2016)

Subforum Link

Itch.io Link

KwbFT5M.png.f62dace35ea1e3879e9aa8eb719057ef.png.ccb28e6bbb34f4f20c510e59760691e3.png

Wizard Jam 5 (Jun 2017)

Subforum Link

Itch.io Link

wg6thumb.png.3a9829e815c29fda8ecc104c5bd887ec.png

Wizard Jam 6 (Dec 2017)

Subforum Link

Itch.io Link

Ooh, that logo looks extra stylish with the 7!

Remember to join the jam on itch so... we can look at a number gradually getting bigger.

55 minutes ago, atte said:

Ooh, that logo looks extra stylish with the 7!

Remember to join the jam on itch so... we can look at a number gradually getting bigger.

Glad I'm not the only one who does this every time :P 

3 hours ago, zerofiftyone said:

X3ziplm.png

Wizard Jam - Friday 8th June to Sunday 24th December

Wow this year's jam is gonna go for quite a while.

I am exciiiiiiteeeeed! I have a contract wrapping June 6th, so I can slam dunk some naps for 2 days then work on some wizard jammin' B)

4 hours ago, RubixsQube said:

Wow this year's jam is gonna go for quite a while.

Corrected. Good spot :P 

hypeboat.jpg.b1fbba9cb4c78457b193fc79a4c841b3.jpg 

All aboard the hype boat! (Had to get that out of my head)

3 minutes ago, atte said:

Haaaa I can't believe you've done this

Could not resist the temptation.

I like how happy DG ended up looking here (as the hat covers most of those worried eyebrows).

haha @atte that is amazing, dot gobbler almost looks wistful without the eyebrows like that!

19 hours ago, atte said:

I 100% approve of this image. Also, probably going to make something for this jam, after skipping WJ6!

1 hour ago, Synnah said:

Also, probably certainly going to make something for this jam, after skipping WJ6!

Nice, I love to see seasoned Wizard Jam veterans coming back! (and speaking of veterans, I hope @z_bill will have time to join again too)

I think that I am going to make a game, since I don't want to ruin my streak. I would really urge people to participate in the showcase weekend, too, since people put in a lot of hard work and it's nice to have your game played! 

(ALSO I need to stop making two player games since I have discovered that most people do not have another person in their life to play games with apparently)

wizard_intro.gif

On 5/24/2018 at 2:19 PM, atte said:

The true Wizard Jam 7 logo has been revealed.

7 hours ago, RubixsQube said:

I think that I am going to make a game, since I don't want to ruin my streak. I would really urge people to participate in the showcase weekend, too, since people put in a lot of hard work and it's nice to have your game played! 

(ALSO I need to stop making two player games since I have discovered that most people do not have another person in their life to play games with apparently)

wizard_intro.gif

I love these motion graphics. Is there a generator of sorts to make arbitrary custom versions of this?

As a mandatory diversifier I‘d suggest that atte‘s brilliant new and now official logo has to be used in the submission somewhere. 

OK, since I successfully made a simple twine story last time, I'm clearly ready to step up to Unity and make a AAA 3D experience. Let's do this!

@Salacious Snake ah well if you need any unity help, let me know! There's also the #game-dev channel in the thumbs slack for quick responses to game dev related issues.

On 2018-05-24 at 10:19 PM, atte said:

[Dot Gobbler]

When I saw this my mind went "Ah it's Dotsy!"

That's my headcanon now.